Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Monday 10 May 2021

Leigh's Cherry Blossom Mer-Ween Blog Hop #6

I used to do layouts a long while ago - and then I did digital ones (but I lost Serif Craft Artist 2 when my computer crashed and it had to be replaced).

So this is a novelty!

I just decided I wanted to do something with this picture of my Mum - it was Australian Mother's Day yesterday - and Mum would have been 90 on the 3rd of May.

The photo is from one of our customary Boxing Day walks along the river at Dovedale. When we got back to the cars we would always have sherry and a mince pie...

I can still hear her saying "April Showers bring forth May Flowers".


I am going to add this to



I have used items from Leigh's Print and Cutz collection for electronic Cutting Machines.


I used my Cricut to cut the lacy designs and a magenta pen in the Cricut to draw the cherry blossom.



4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous scrapbook page you have made here of your lovely Mom, I'm so delighted my Cherry Blossom Collection helped you create this wonderful memory of her. Beautiful colour scheme to match her coat so perfectly and the fact that she actually said the saying I included in the Parasol Geisha Doll set just warmed my heart! Thank you for sharing this lovely memory with us!
    Stay Crafty and Safe!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful layout from the Cherry Blossom collection, a wonderful tribute to your mom Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
      https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
      www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

      Delete
  3. Another inspiring project! I love this page you made that keeps a special memory of her so close. Hugs to you and all of us who are missing our moms on Mother's Day! I want to try and craft some love for my mom now! Thanks, Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.