Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Wednesday 5 May 2021

What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday 622

   WOYWW                          

Wednesday again, so I am linking to the Stamping Ground today.

First of all, I would like to join in the 12th Birthday celebrations and swap some ATCs. I will happily send to the next asterisk in the list, but I would love to send some more...  I am in Australia, though, so let me know if you'd like to swap by emailing me susanrenshaw0404@gmail.com


Here's my desk picture for WOYWW 622!


Again it's my messy area in the utility room and I am in the middle of the journal page on the left (I did the right last November)
So far I have just added paint (with my finger) and some strips of washi tape. This was after I saw a video by Mel Johns.

I thought it might amuse you to see what this space used to look like in 6 months ago when I used to tidy up! More or less, just my spray box!


This week - I have done Week 18 of Wanderlust and made a few cards. Week 18 turned out to be a Pride and Prejudice page - scroll down to my next post if you want to see more details.


Most of the cards have used either stencils, dies or my Cricut. I can't remember if I showed you the stencil I made using Mylar and my Cricut to make 'Matisse's Blue Nude'. Well, I bought a stencil from Stencil Girl which had a similar image and several sentiments.


It is so good to feel that things are getting back to normal. Last night I went to book club and sat around a table with 8 other people! We were discussing 'Homegoing' by Yaa Gyasi which everyone seemed to think a good read.




Today we have just been out and about for a coffee and to walk on the beach...


It is almost a year since we moved into this house and the wintry sunset skies are again a picture:


Hoping you are all keeping well... 

Happy WOYWW !!

 

15 comments:

  1. I agree that it's good to feel things are looking up and it's possible that we will be able to open our Craft group again at the end of the month. Your 'Pride and Predudice' pages are gorgeous and I look forward to seeing how you progress with the new page too. Happy creative woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your pages - so interesting and different to each other. Loving the colours on the work in progress and look forward to seeing how it progresses. I would love to swap an ATC with you and will email you a little later on. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#9)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your Jane Austin inspired page and I would love to swap ATCs. I'll send you an email with my address Happy WOYWW! xx zsuzsa #20

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous artwork as always, Susan. I particularly like the left-hand page of your journal in the first photo. Most intriguing. Thank you for your visit last week, and I'm glad you like the kitty blanket - more progress has now been made. As for the stem ginger, are you looking for "preserved stem ginger"? This is the only way we can get "stem" here in the UK, but it's actually the same stuff as "root." If you are looking for the fresh root ginger, try searching for root rather than stem. It surprises me that it's hard to find Down Under, especially as you have a pretty large Asian population nowadays!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #16

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pleased you are able to get out and meet up with people! love the latest journal page. have a good week Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan. It sounds like you are beginning to have a great fun time with friends and family - wonderful. It has seemed a long time, hasn't it!. I can't believe you have been in your new home for a year already! How time flies when you are having fun! Your messy area looks really well used - brilliant!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must feel good to get out and about again -roll on the UK catching up with you.
    Nice work for us to see - now what did you think of the book?
    Hugs, Neet 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to be able to go back to your in person book club Susan. Loving the latest pages. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lov your P&P page and that stencil is a good one - I love cutting my own stencils and often prefer them to commercial ones as they are more unique to me. I agree - things are feeling like they are getting better, and I hope they carry on doing so, here, there, and everywhere. I miss my book club!
    Catching up, a day late
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely to be meeting up with people again! Great Pride and Prejudice page. Late to the party this week - stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pages, very colourful. I'm still 'plsnning my ATC's but hope to do a few swaps as well who comes up next or below or above me in the linky list. Sorry I'm late getting round! Stay Safe, keep crafting! Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #6

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Susan - fellow Aussie! I am just popping by to have a sneaky look - I am back to WOYWW after a long time out so seeing who's who and what's what LOL!! Hope to catch up again soon - Cheers Maurs #33 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Pride and Prejudice pages,- where did you get those lovely ladies from? I am glad things are getting back to normal for you. We had our second jab the other day. Will email you about swap.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pages are gorgeous, I particularly love the Pride and Prejudice ones - what a wonderful vintage feel and beautiful images. I'm so glad you starting to get back to normal life, I do miss my book club - at least there is light at the end of the tunnel now!
    Have a great week,
    Diana xx 24 PS emailed you about swap x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I of course love your P+P page Susan, and the blue nude stencilling looks great too. How nice to take a walk on the beach and breathe in the fresh sea air. Thanks for dropping by Elle #32

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.