Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Friday 28 May 2021

The world's abuzz with soccer

 

This is my make for the DT team of Outlawz

Sunday - Songs and Rhymes

For the month of June our sponsor is: KLM Digital Designs with a prize of 2 images!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/KatysCardEmporium

Note:  The theme doesn’t have to be taken literally.  You may use any word or phrase out of it for your project.

Find inspiration in the song or rhyme:

The World Cup

The world's abuzz with soccer
Though I couldn't give a hoot.
I wouldn't even have a clue
For which team I should root.
The bars are packed with rousing fans;
I don't begrudge their cheers,
But I prefer a tennis match
To savor with my beers.
I'd also watch the Yankees play
'Cause baseball's what I know,
Though baseball-haters claim the game's
Inordinately slow.
So while the teams do battle
With the World Cup as the prize,
I'll find a book or other show
To occupy my eyes.

Copyright © ilene bauer | Year Posted 2014


Today I followed the sketch for Tuesday Morning Sketches #607 and I will share this card there.


I started with a white card blank, layering it with papers from my scraps.

The image is Soccer Gnome coloured with markers and a touch of sparkle. The sentiment comes from the same set.




You will find this on the Outlawz  Sunday Songs and Rhymes Challenge on May 30th.

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha that image cracks me up!! Cute poem too! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous take on the sketch Susan. Love the sentiment and the lovely gnome.
    Thanks for joining Tuesday Morning Sketches.
    xxx Margreet DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first saw this sketch, my mind pictured either a basketball court or soccer field. I love the paper you chose for the nets, perfect. And the goal keep is quite a character. Card well done! Thanks for joining the fun at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
    Hugs, Debi TMS DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! You created a super fun card!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.