Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Thursday 20 May 2021

Do you remember my April 15th Post?

 

Do you remember my April 15th post in Effy's Blog Along?

In it, I mentioned that not a day goes by without me thinking of my Mum and Dad - we lost them both in the second half of last year.
I also mentioned that I had done a doodle page courtesy of Tracy Scott and was inspired to go on to the second two:


My fourth one was this: "Do get on" a phrase Mum often used to say to us... I yet have to get around to E!!



This doodle was used as tags at Mum's funeral (at which there was no wake (Covid) and only 30 attendees.) It was decided to give everyone an afternoon tea box with my tag - and a small bottle of bubbles! 


Anyway I decided to use a picture of this doodle in my Week 20 Wanderlust journal pages. For some reason this photo has come out pink!! 



Week 20 involved fabric and image transfer.

Image transfer has not worked particularly well for me in the past but this photo on a light fabric turned out quite well. It is of me maybe 25 years ago (when I had a studio photo) and the picture used to be at my Mum and Dad's. When my sister started clearing out their effects this photo came back to me. My husband said I have never once looked like this! It was a special makeover deal and the flying jacket was one of the 'props'! Anyway I decided to copy it and use it as a transfer. It actually transferred pretty well and I liked the distressed bits around the edges.


Because the photo was pretty big I went into two pages of my journal, stapling on one side and stitching to the fabric page.


All my pieces of fabric and fibre were upcycled from somewhere. Some from my son and daughter-in-law's house, some from charity shops. The little yellow hankie was discovered in the pocket of a jacket my husband bought from the Salvo's. It was clean!! However after washing it, I stained it with ink and tore it into pieces. I also stamped on the small piece that went on the pocket. To finish I made a little book to go in the pocket, with a cover of a gelli pull and with lovely old book pages inside. I added 'Do Get On' to one page and intend adding more messages to other pages..




Happy Crafting!



5 comments:

  1. LOVE your tag you made for your mom's funeral. I'm so sorry that you lost her, sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember your April 15th post, the tags are really lovely and that was a nice idea you had on how to use them. Love the photo and your journal page. I have yet to get to last week's lesson. I did manage to watch it though, and have spent some time thinking about what I might do for it. I'm impressed with how well the transfer turned out! Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love the journal pages. They are so colorful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do remember your post from back in April, I loved it so much! And this one! Wowser, what a glorious page and the cutest little book ever!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.