Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Thursday 27 May 2021

Poetry?



I decided to write another post for Effy's Blog Along

I mentioned on my blog yesterday that I would write a post about Week 21 of Wanderlust with Kasia Avery.
This week is the start of a month where the prompt is poetry and quotes. My journal page started like this with some sprays and gold paint...


When I mentioned poetry to my daughter, she told me about an incident from her schooldays. She said the teacher asked the class to research a poem that meant something to them and then write something in the same style.

Sophie found

Ode to a Rat
O fat rat

She wrote

Ode to a Goldfish
O wet pet

Apparently the teacher asked her to find another poem...Anyway I decided to write a little more that 3 words and went for some Haikus.

The idea was to go outside for a walk and look for inspiration. Mum always used to say 'Breathe Deep' when we were out in the fresh air so my first Haiku goes like this:

Breathe Deep, Mum would say,
Breathe Deep, Enjoy the Fresh air!
Oh to hear her now!

Currently in Australia we are moving into Winter and the Autumn leaves have mainly fallen. Mum always said she used to love shuffling in the leaves.

Red, orange, gold. Fun
Shuffling in the Autumn leaves.
Trees look like Winter!

The Winter sunsets are really spectacular from across the yard at the back of our house. We live on Patterson Lakes.


Pink and orange light.
The sunset colours reflected
Across the water.

I added winter trees and Autumn leaves to my journal spread.


And then the Haikus.


I then added more paint.


The plan was to add the poems in a pocket. Initially I wrote them on torn up index cards.


But even after adding gold paint around the edges, I thought they were the wrong blue.
As you can see I have attached some photographs of the view from the back of our house. The pocket is pretty special as it is made from an envelope sent from my Aunt in the UK. It still got here despite having no stamp on it!


So I wrote the poems out again on yellow with gold paint.


So this is the finished spread (I think!)


I moved the extra photos into the pocket...


And I added scribble around the edges...Finished??




Happy Crafting!


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sunset photo and loving the spread. I adore tags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful spread. I love the layers and the different materials and the cards clipped into place. So much tactile interest--it comes through even in a photo. And your haiku about your mother's words is a lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I remember reading your fat rat wet pet poems and then apparently didn't comment, how weird. I then saw another page where someone was sharing rhyming duos and it reminded me of fat rat wet pet and I couldn't remember where I'd seen it lol. It was here! I'm loving the green and gold together and the sunset over the Lakes. Elle xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.