Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Wednesday 26 May 2021

What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday 625

                               WOYWW                            

Wednesday again, so I am linking to the Stamping Ground.

From the sublime to the ridiculous - last week I had so much to show - this week not so much!!

Here's my desk picture for WOYWW 625!


Again it's my drying area in the hall - this week all it has is my home-made spray box (packaging plus a non-stick mat) with the start of Wanderlust 21 in it


This week is the start of a month where the prompt is poetry. So far my journal page has some sprays and some gold paint...

I hope to write out a post with it completed soon, but I will share one little thing though. When I mentioned poetry my daughter mentioned an incident from her schooldays. She said the teacher asked the class to research a poem that meant something to them and then write something in the same style.

Sophie found

Ode to a Rat
O fat rat

She wrote

Ode to a Goldfish
O wet pet

Apparently the teacher asked her to find another poem...Anyway I decided to write a little more that 3 words and went for some haikus.

My ATCs are somewhere en route - I really don't know how long the post will take. Keeping my fingers crossed!


From having no Covid cases at all, for so long, we now have a handful. So once more Melbourne has restrictions and is teetering on the brink of lockdown again. Back to masks and limits on gatherings! Many people had been pretty complacent about whether they needed the jab. Yesterday Victoria easily recorded its highest number of daily vaccinations in two months, with 15,858 doses administered. When I drove past the hospital Covid unit today they was a queue of cars waiting to get in...

 We went to the cinema yesterday and I was still able to go to play Mahjong at a friend's house today. I have a lunch booked tomorrow all being well - but I don't know what will happen with book club next week. We managed to celebrate our grandson's 21st in a restaurant last weekend - luckily it was not this weekend... Here he is with his Dad:



To finish - last night's view from the house. It was pouring with rain but the view was amazing!


Happy WOYWW !!

 

17 comments:

  1. Love the three word poems! So fun. Tell her to check out ee cummings for unusually structured poems (Grasshopper, or more rightly, r-p-o-p-h-e-s-s-a-g-r, for the most famous one) and if she can replicate that one, she will surely get top marks. Will be interested in where your Wanderlust page goes from where it is now!

    Happy WOYWW
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poems made me hoot, that’s my sort of poetry, short and to the point, lol! I think it;s fab that your ATCs are winging their way over the world, how fab is that?!
    Hugs LLJ 10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your daughter's sense of humor when she was in school. I laughed and laughed. Hope she has maintained that sense of humor. Congrats on your grandson's party before your lockdown. Glad people are getting vaccinated. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She should have been praised by the teacher for being so resourceful! Why overcomplicate things LOL when there's an easy solution! Hopefully, you won't have to go into full lockdown - the vaccines will do their jobs if enough people are vaccinated. Mail between Australia and UK can take weeks - though I was surprised how cheap it was - much cheaper than sending post to the States - perhaps because it's part of the commonwealth? Happy #625! xx zsuzsa #26

    ReplyDelete
  5. cards will come- have faith! I've kept poetry journals over the years and enjoyed it. Robyn 29

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great short poems, who send they have to be lengthy, I think it was clever of her. Happy WOYWW Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  7. No idea how long the STC will take to get to you - it seems to vary so much!! Sad to hear that you are heading up again in numbers, we’ve got the same here in some specific pockets. It’s all so changeable! I love your spray box - I do think I need a spray room though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. well somehow I managed to publish the comment I thought I was writing here, on MY blog.... love your daughter's ode! Loving the latest Wanderlust page. Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. I truly hope that things calm down again soon where you are. Whatever people think about the vaccine it does seem to improve the number of people getting the illness. Here in Lincolnshire the numbers have dropped significantly and the take up of the vaccines has been good whereas in some parts of the country where fewer people have received the vaccine things are not so good and there are restrictions again. Wishing you a lovely creative woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the short and sweet poems lol. I haven't started last week's Wanderlust yet so thanks for the reminder. I need to try and do that before Friday's new lesson! Hope things settle down for you Covid-wise. Happy WOYWW! Elle #35 this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved your daughter's poem! I was a teacher and would have congratulated her lol
    My ATC will be on its way to you soon. Anne x 20

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Susan - Love your daughter's poem - so sweet - Beautiful stuff - I hope have a fabulous week - Cheers Maurs xxx #38

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those three word poems are so cool Susan. Hope the handful of Covid cases remains just that and that more people take up the vaccine. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  14. The three word poems made me smile! I absolutely love the final photo, what a stunning view! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#22)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha, your daughter’s poems are sublime! Because I’m a day late, I know that Melbourne is back in lockdown again, am very sorry to say. I didn’t realise that vaccinations weren’t necessarily being taken up so readily, am surprised by that. So glad you got to be at the 21st birthday though, you’ve all been together enough to sustain you through a short lockdown, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh! Thank goodness the party went off ok!and no lockdown so far! The 'ods' are great, I might put some on one of these new ATCs! Happy very late WOYWW?! from Me! Stay Safe, ((Lyn))#9

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant poems, Susan - such fun! Sorry to be so late. Busy week, then got overtired. I probably won't get round everybody now...

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #24

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.