Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Wednesday 5 May 2021

Pride and Prejudice


I am really quite missing the posts I wrote for Effy's Blog Along, so I thought I would share another one!


This journal page is my week 18 of Wanderlust and based on a lesson by Marta Lapkowska


I was looking for 'book paper' in a charity chop and came across a tatty copy of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I normally wouldn't dream of ripping a page from P & P but my daughter persuaded me that it would be putting this book to good use! I chose a page at random and it turned out to be the scene where Lady Catherine de Bourgh takes a turn around the "prettyish kind of a little wilderness" with Elizabeth, when she calls unexpectedly.

 

I used a quote from this same scene when I made this card last September and these pictures come from a post back then. I was talking about my favourite book...

I made this card for the Clever Dexter Challenge Blog which I design for.



This is my copy of the book - my Aunty Hilary (and godmother) gave me this for my Birthday in 1965 - I was 13! I have a collection of real rubber Pride and Prejudice stamps which I used for the card.



To get back to the journal page, I started by adding book and music papers and also a photocopy of one of the pages from Mum's cookery book. I think it was about preserves.


I also added some die cuts (given me by a friend), more collage and yellow paper napkin with black roses - a freebie from Scrapbookingncraft. Next came the ladies - a digi from Taylormadecards4u. Finally I added white gesso, splatter, black distress around the edges, some penwork...



Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Love this! And it's great when we can give battered old books a second life this way when they're really not in shape for keeping on the shelf to read anymore. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit Kim...far better than them ending in landfill!!

      Delete
  2. I get a twinge of ... something... whenever I rip out book pages to use in my spreads LOL but I love, love, love the look of book pages in spreads and I adore yours! Keep posting, I love seeing your journal spreads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the book pages really add something... However I bought half a dozen Mills and Boon for a dollar. I wouldn't read them and am not sure I can use them on my pages...

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous!! I just watched Pride and Prejudice yesterday and it was so lovely to escape into that world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Lovely. Thanks for participating in the TaylorMadeCards4U Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.