Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Saturday 5 June 2021

My garden walk


I decided to write another post for Effy's Blog Along

So today's post is about Week 22 of Wanderlust with Shawn Petite.
Again the prompt is poetry and quotes.

Shawn suggested we ask the questions
What do I need today?
What am I grateful for?

Look on my Facebook and you will see many photos of me visiting gardens - I am grateful for gardens that I can walk around and gain inspiration. In particular at this time of year, I would always Bodnant Garden to see the Laburnam Arch - this is 4 years ago:


And now in Australia, we have just bought a block of land on which to build our house - right next to the Australian Botanic Garden at Cranbourne.


I was thinking of this topic and wondering what quote I could use. And I couldn't get the words of this song out of my head.

White coral bells upon a slender stalk,
Lilies of the valley take my garden walk
Oh how I wish that I could hear them ring
That will happen only when the fairies sing.

These are the words we used to sing in Brownies, maybe 60 years ago!


I didn't take many pictures of the process this time but this is how it started with a layer of collage.
Book paper, music, floral images, brown paper:


I typed the song words out on some of that brown paper with the old typewriter I picked up the other day.


The next step was to use paint in oranges and purples and reverse stencil. I used my new stencils which were part of a prize from Stamplorations. More steps then more collage elements. These came from We are 3, Gecko Galz and an old book about stamps.

I took this picture last night (in very poor light) to see what else it needed:


And then added just a little more this morning!

Happy Crafting!




4 comments:

  1. I love all your background layer of book paper and floral stuff, that's totally my jam, but then I hate covering it up lol. I love the end result though, it is beautiful with the snowdrops on the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the page you created!!
    Really love the colors and the dragonfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page! And what a wonderful spot for building a house. What an exciting proect that's going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great! I have to watch this lesson (I am very very behind in Wanderlust...).
    Thanks for sharing, and so happy you bought some land for your home that will have you very close to a botanical garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.