Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Monday 14 June 2021

In the bleak Midwinter, Frosty wind made moan...

 So today's post is about Week 24 of Wanderlust with Vicky Papaioannou.

Again the prompt is poetry and quotes.

As we move into Winter in Victoria, Australia the weather has turned decidedly chilly and last week we had some very strong winds. Once again a song came into my head:

In the bleak midwinter

In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
I enjoyed watching Vicky's video and then I used some of the processes in my journal page. I didn't take many pictures of the work in progress but this is how it started.
I started on a page in my journal with grey pages.
Firstly, texture paste through a stencil (Stampin Up's shimmery texture paste and the stencil is from Uniko) then Dina Wakley's gloss spray in White, Sky and Heather. I also used these for splatters several times through the page.


I added stamping and distress round the edges in black archival. The stamp is from Stampin Up's Very Versailles. 


I then added the tree branches (Tim Holtz Branch tree cut three times and trimmed) and a strip of Tim Holtz paper across the bottom. 
The Image is from Gecko Galz and is the free image from the Monthly Gothic Challenge


 I added the sentiment - in typescript and chipboards that I painted with black ink.
Finally shadow with Sepia ink and Vintage Photo Distress Ink. and lots of penwork in black and white.


Happy Crafting!




1 comment:

  1. Susan, love your finished mixed media page. Perfect for this month's Gecko Galz image. Gail xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.