Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Sunday 27 June 2021

Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes - When I am an old woman I shall wear purple...


This is my make for the DT team of Outlawz

June 27th - July 10th

Sunday - Songs and Rhymes 

For the month of July our sponsor is: Sheep Ski Designs with a prize of 2 images!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SheepSkiDesigns

Note:  The theme doesn’t have to be taken literally.  You may use any word or phrase out of it for your project.

Find inspiration in the song or rhyme:

Warning
Jenny Joseph

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn’t go, and doesn’t suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we’ve no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I’m tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people’s gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practise a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

This is one of my, and my Mum's, favourite poems - and when my Mum and Dad's house was cleared, it was one of the books I retained...




I have made an easel ATC. I started with a strip of purple card 7 inches by 2.5 inches and scored it at the 1.75 and 3.5 inch marks along the long side. This can be folded up to make the stand. I then added an ATC on the easel.

I used scraps of purple paper to mat the base. I put the first few words of the poem on more card and paper and placed this on dimensionals to hold the ATC up.

The image is Coffee Break printed ATC size, and coloured with markers.

Hope you will join in the challenge...


Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.