Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Wednesday 16 June 2021

What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday 628

 WOYWW

Wednesday again, so I am linking to the Stamping Ground.

First of all a little more happy mail from 624... Look at these lovely packages from Mary Anne and Lyn (Spyder). Thank you very much!


I visited many of the desks last week but didn't manage to comment on all - I promise to do better this week!
 Restrictions have been lifted somewhat here, so we have been out and about over the weekend...but still no visitors.

 Here is my desk picture for WOYWW #628 - quite tidy with not a lot going on!

But can you see that little green thing behind my keyboard - it's a little desk vacuum cleaner that one of my sons gave me...


The first time I linked up to WOYWW was week 576 on June 18th, 2020  - this was the desk I shared then from the other side of the room - covered with a whole lot of ATCs. It looks similar today, covered in ATCs in progress!


To the left of me is my IKEA 'butcher's block'. The old guillotine will not be there much later as I just spotted one in Aldi and decided to replace it.


My computer desk didn't look so tidy at the weekend - I had an online craft and chat with my daughter.


You may wonder why I have a salad spinner on my desk along with my alcohol inks - Find out more here Time for a spin...

I finished the workshop by Natalie May. This is my finished canvas:


I also did a Tracy Scott workshop


which looks like this in my journal.

And I had a lot of fun with this - Wanderlust week 24 with Vicky Papaioannou.
As we move into Winter it is getting colder and last week we had some really strong winds - hence the quote... it amused me to add that image...


I have been continuing with ICAD but will post more of that in a day or two. I have made a couple more felt birds - I bought a Paper Rose die - tested it out in card on an index card and then thought I would try it with felt.


To finish... more reminders of Winter weather - we woke up on Friday to thick fog...


and we decided we needed electric throws to watch the television...



Happy WOYWW !!


18 comments:

  1. Oh Susan, I am laughing so hard. It is so hot here, I have the AC running day and night, while you are adding heated blankets to your chairs.

    I have one of those machines that was actually designed to make those cards Mine uses two D sized batteries, so no hand cranking. I like how yours turned out, though, because they are similar to the ones I made, too, even though I used craft paint.

    Your ICAD is beautiful and those felt birds are beautiful, too. So good the die is so versatile. I'll be back on the weekend to see your other ICADs. Happy WOYWW from # 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I’ve never seen w salad spinner in anyone’s desk before! I went over to the other post and it was interesting to see the feet youa chieved with it, I like it! You work with such bright and beautiful colours, it’s really energising!
    Hugs LLJ 6;xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the ATC;s reached you okay! Oops, it looks like I made three number 19's after the 'real' one finally showed up in the week! I think Mary Anne's got them! Your journal looks brilliant! Have a great crafty week, stay safe. Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#19

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Tracy Scott image in your journal . . . . bright and cheerful.
    The kingfisher is beautiful
    Have a good week
    Christine #24

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am going to file away Midwinter Moan for a future page. I love your page opposite the obvious workshop one, with the face added. It is simply stunning. You are so inspirational t visit. Love, love, love it all. And very glad the ATC arrived - Spyder's is still making its way to me so gosh the mail is lagging. It seems a lifetime ago we mailed. Although mine from my swap partner got delivered to the neighbor, so ... Now I want to go back and post my first WOYWW post image too. What fun if we all did that some week...

    What a morning, but I'm here now… HAPPY WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely felt birds and great workshop results Angela #18

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have visions of ink spinning all over the place... loving your workshop pieces, they look fabulous. Have a good week. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting technique with the alcohol ink using the spinner. I do have a spinner. . . hmm. I have had limited success with alcohol ink reinkers.

    Stay well.
    Happy Wednesday
    Kathryn #33

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, the journal pages are gorgeous. Bet you enjoyed the workshop by the look of it. Have a lovely creative woyww, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have visions of the ink flying everywhere just like Helen said, sounds like fun. I keep forgetting your now into winter, stay warm and toasty. Happy WoywW Tracey #9

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous artwork again Susan. Vicky Papaioannou is the person who first enticed me into art journaling. I love her videos. Great idea using hte salad spinner with alcohol inks. Stay warm - I forget it's winter where you are when it's so hot here. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your canvas - that flower image is beautiful, and I especially love the background. Your pages are fabulous and it looks like you are doing some interesting workshops. That's a great Icad, the bird is beautiful.
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana xx #17

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susan, your spun cards are beautiful. I’m sure I saw an artist doing the same with a potter’s wheel once. Much more messy. I love your felt birds. Here the hot weather has broken; we’ve had storms and flooding in the area (not here fortunately).
    Keep warm and take care
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 7

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post and photos! I love seeing the photos from your first WOYWW post too. And I need to find out more on the desk vacuum. Hmmmm. Very interesting. Have a great week. Dorlene #31

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent post, Susan, with plenty of interest! I've seen salad spinners used with paint pouring. You got some interesting effects with alcohol ink. I love the felt birds! Great to think outside the box. I love your journal pages, too.

    Thank you for your visit. Nice to see the "to do" on the bottom of your trolley! I'm looking forward to having fun when mine arrives from Cindy, and meanwhile I've been ordering supplies from Ebay, which are now coming in thick and fast! The sorting is progressing, but I'm not managing to do it every day - it depends on my energy levels, and how much other stuff I have to do.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #8

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those journal pages are gorgeous! I especially like the one with the faces! It is very strange, here above the equator, to hear about winter - during our beautiful Spring days. Summer starts here tomorrow, winter for you, we will be too hot, you will be too cold, what a crazy planet we live on!!
    Thanks for your visit, have a great week, Lindart #30

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving all your journal pages, Its the first day of summer here today and looking out the window you would not think so lol sorry for the late visit. Take care and stay safe,

    Lilian B #23

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so late! I love the results of your Tracey Scott workshop, and I have that same IKEA butcher block but mine is in the kitchen. Strangely though I have been eyeing it up as a potential craft room item if only I could do without it in the kitchen lol Elle #19 this week

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.