Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Wednesday 2 June 2021

What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday 626

                                      WOYWW                                        

Wednesday again, so I am linking to the Stamping Ground.

Here is my desk picture for WOYWW #626


Not a lot to be honest - for some reason I have had very little motivation. From last week when we were enjoying almost normality, we have now had a week of hard lockdown, with the announcement today that that is continuing for another week. This means masks again,  only leaving the house for 5 special reasons, only being able to go 5k, no visitors or gatherings etc etc...  Anyway it means that many more people have now had the vaccination...

We can exercise in pairs so Kevin and I did go on a lovely walk one day around the Lakes...


But again motivation is the issue!

 Anyway, back to my desk - who knew that baby oil (that bottle with the pink label) can clean up your Gelli plate? This one must be 8 or 9 years old and was in a right state. Now good as new! You can also see two wooden frames that are WIPs - will get round to them eventually.

This is what I had been doing earlier in the week. Adding paint to my Gelli with that little brayer. I actually quite like that roll off sheet too!

I had watched a you-tube video by Carolyn Dube and was inspired to make some hot glue stamps on cardboard and use them on my Gelli plate. I tried to make some floral shapes as well as more abstract shapes.



These are the resulting pulls using some of those new shimmer paints from dylusions. The last one was just a clean off.


So far I have used one of the backgrounds as my June page on one of my calendars.


I also made an ATC with a bit off the edge of this piece - but the photo does not really show the shimmer.


I think my 12th Anniversary ATCs are still somewhere en route - but I have received mine from Zsuzsa, Caro, Diana, Maureen, Lynne and Angela!
 I will wait a little longer before I take a photo - but they are all stunning!
 Thank you so much!

I will try and get around everyone and comment this week - last week I was not very successful.

June 1st is the first day of Winter here - I was looking at some photos of previous years at this time of year:

3 years ago - Bodnant Garden and Rhoscolyn - my daughter is on that arch!




7 years ago - Srinigar (from a houseboat).


11 years ago - Copenhagen 


We were very impressed with those blankets - available in all the bars and cafes!
But now Kevin and I are similarly wrapped each evening to watch television!



To finish - we watched the eclipse last week. Sophie managed to get some reasonable photos of the moon through her telescope.


And book club became a Zoom - we all loved the book though:


And here are some birds on our bird table:

 

Happy WOYWW !!

20 comments:

  1. Hope the hard lockdown does the trick and that you are free again soon Susan. At least it has encouraged people to get vaccinated. I am sure your mojo will return soon. Love the gel prints - brayer clean of paper is always good for backgrounds too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #14 (I had a lie in for the holidays).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the hard lockdown eases soon and that normality soon resumes, so hard for us all isn't it being away from our family and friends. Mojo can certainly come to a halt at any time. Your glue gun stamps look so effective, always a good feeling when things are handmade.
    Happy WoywW Tracey #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think life is going to be like this for a while, at least it’s encouraged people to get their jabs! Great tip about the gelli plate and I’d never have thought of making a stamp from hot glue..wonders will never cease!
    Hugs LLJ. 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're able to get out soon ! Great pics you've shared. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics this week, the gelli prints are fabulous - I love the bright colours - and who knew baby oil would work on cleaning it up! I'm glad your book club all liked the book - it's on my 'waiting to be read' pile of books by the bed!
    Hope you have a good week and the new lock down works - it's great that more people are getting vaccinated.
    Diana xx #18

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Yep, I remember doing a clean-your-plate video about as long ago as you have had yours, cause against all advice (at the time) I used INK on my plate. The baby oil just drew the embedded colour right out. Hard to believe at one time dire warning of disaster came whenever you suggested ink on the gel plate and not it seems we throw all manner of things at it and don't bat an eye. Hope you motivation come back to you, and that the lockdown does the trick. I do love your shimmer pulls BTW and the ATC from the off cut is great!

    Happy (Summer?) WOYWW - hope it wasn't here and gone!
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gelli projects are brilliant, Susan. This is something I have never attempted, but I must say when I see what other people do, I am tempted. I love the hot glue stamps too - really imaginative and fun, and very frugal too, which always floats my boat!! Gorgeous photos of previous years.

    Thank you for your visit and your sweet words! Glad you enjoyed seeing my various bits and pieces.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #11

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan, I have to be honest I've been out Lol! We have a friend who is going into hospital soon and our little group of retired teachers just wanted to wish her all the best so we sat and had coffee but I'm back now. You may have suffered from lack of motivation but the prints are brilliant and love how you used that one. Wishing you a very happy woyww and a lovely week too. Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh let’s hope the go hard lockdown is effective, , as I said last week, am fascinated at the vaccination stats for Australia. Borders will never open if lots and lots of Australians don’t get the jabs. Maybe that’s the plan?!! I didn’t know about baby oil and the gelli plate, what a great job it did too, great tip. I really like your hot glue stamps, best use for a glue gun if you ask me, I get into such a mess with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the hard lockdown works Susan, and that you’re soon free again. Here they say we’re on the brink of a 3rd wave but no lockdown. I suspect that’s down to business lobbying.
    Anyway, your gellis look good end your June calendar is very pretty.
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 20

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Susan, sorry you are back under lockdown. Our government is under fire by both sides- too much lockdown and not enough! It makes you wonder when or if it will end! I am glad you liked your ATC and folder. Happy WOYWW Angela #15

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan, so sorry about the lockdown tricks on you!! When will it all just be over I ask????? We are good here and our numbers continue to come down so I am so pleased. Your walk around the lake however has to be just lovely from the photo!! Brilliant idea with the baby oil....must try, mine is terrible! And, also with the glue stamps! I had heard about that, but never tried! I really need to do that - so simple and useful to us crafters!! I love to read, so I am going to check out your book club find! Thanks for stopping by my desk and taking the time to comment! Happy WOYWW and blessings to you, Felicia, #23

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are still in lockdown too, it seems just normal now, and that is not normal lol. Motivation is definitely a challenge though isn't it. Yes baby oil cleans up gel plates a treat doesn't it, so useful to have on standby. Love your hot glue stamps, they turned out really well, and pretty on your calendar. Never saw the eclipse so thanks for the photos. I quite liked Hamnet, I do like Maggie O'Farrell. Happy WOYWW Elle #27, EOTC

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Sis in Golborne was saying about how things have changed in some states. I know how you feel, living in the town that has had the highest Covid ratio for the past three weeks in the whole of the UK. Not much fun is it?
    Never mind one day it will all be over, if only people would listen and obey the rules!
    Love the arch at Bodnant, was reminded earlier today that I have not seen it this year.
    Hugs, Neet 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your visit and lovely comment,
    hope the lockdown eases soon and you start to get out.
    Great pictures,

    Take care and stay safe,

    Lilian B #7

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Susan, Thanks for popping by! I am slowly getting some crafty stuff done this week - and hope to spend this weekend fully immersed - I miss it when I don't - loving your gelli plate work - such bright colours - the calendar looks fab - Stay safe & well - Cheers Maursxxx #12

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Susan! Thank you for your visit! I love your bird table - so many birds! My cats would love that - and so would the squirrels! I love all your gelli print experiments, it's so much fun! I've been watching someone (I can't remember who) do a series of gelli prints on tags, with all sorts of ideas , lots of fun. I only have the big one like yours, the little ones are so expensive! So sometime I just tape off a section of the big one and use that. Great tip about the baby oil, I will have to try it! Have a great week, Lindart #30

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the photos esp the laburnum arch truly beautiful.

    Thoughts and prayers are with you all in Vic esp in Melbourne., you’ve had it badly. Your state sadly has 90% of our deaths, but mercifully none this year.. seems they’re finally handling it better there. A blessing.

    Wow who’d have thought re baby oil and cleaning plate indeed?

    I have seen them do it by adding base colour like soft beige or lighter shades to it then doing pulls to get the vaunted layers too, but maybe you’ve tried that too.

    Thanks for Sharing, God bless and keep you safe, and all those you love, hugs Shaz in Oz.x

    {Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Susan. thanks for the lovely visit. I do love a geli plate play. Just don't do it enough. You have lovely colors there. Sorry about the lock down. Hang in there. Creative Blessings! Kelly #26

    ReplyDelete
  20. It does sound odd saying that June is the first day of winter for you! Its on my list to get, a gel plate, not sure why I need one but the results are fab! baby oil works wonders on things you'd never think of! The arch is beautiful, shame they are so poisonous.Stay Safe! Happy last weeks woyww! ((Lyn)) #19

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.