Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Sunday 3 April 2022

Just above the meadow, the cuckoo bird flies flapping


 This is my make for the DT team of Outlawz

  Our sponsor this challenge is: Morgans ArtWorld


The prize is these 3 images used by the Team

 https://creativeartdesignstudio.ecwid.com/Wren-Digital-Stamp-p372597511

 

 Note:  The theme doesn’t have to be taken literally.  You may use any word or phrase out of it for your project but you MUST tell us what inspired you to be eligible for the prize draw!

 

Find inspiration in the song or rhyme:

Just above the meadow

The cuckoo bird flies flapping

Its wings to perch in a tree

To sing its song of spring

Song of love for flowers and

Butterflies and surly bees

 

The sprouting leaves in

The wind flutter softly lending

Music to the cuckoo's song

In the sultry afternoon

The stream too sings with the

Cuckoo as it moves along

 

Anil Kumar Panda

Here is my inspiration:

I used the image Wren colouring it, inspired by the Australian Fairy Wren.


 

I printed the image, coloured it with pencil crayons , blending them with isopropyl alcohol. I then cut it out. I added it to a piece of patterned paper (Paper Rose), distressing the edges with vintage photo Distress Ink. I placed this  on the kraft card base. 


Hope you will join in the challenge...

And if you haven't already become a member of our Facebook Group, please join!  

FACEBOOK


Happy Crafting!

 Using Wren

2 comments:

  1. Wow Susan, this is gorgeous! I'm just popping by to wish you a very happy birthday. I know by now it is already a day late given your location but still wanted to come over and wish you the best of days. I hope it was awesome. I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to get your 'birthday card' up in the DT blog. It has been one of those weekends I'm afraid.

    Wishing you all the best for a wonderful year ahead my friend!!! Hugs, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.