Pages

Friday, 15 January 2016

Getting a bit Inky

A week or so ago I saw a challenge asking for an ombre make
 - of course I was too late to enter that but it did start me thinking.

Ombr√© describes the gradual blending of one color hue to another, usually moving tints and shades from light to dark.

So I started with a white card blank and masked it with a piece of paper torn down its length and separated.
I used 5 Distress inks and gradually added ink to the gap.


 I  then overstamped with a flourish wooden stamp (Inkadinkado), a Little Claire sentiment from Butterfly Flourish and a butterfly that was a freebie from Get Stamping Magazine - all with Versafine...








5 comments:

  1. Beautifully done and gorgeous colour choice
    thanks for sharing at Less is More this week.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how you have achieved the ombre effect and how you have made the crevice with the torn paper. Brilliant concept. A perfect one layer card. Thankyou for fluttering by my butterfly inking challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those butterflies.
    they are thick and bold.
    The coloring is a fun idea.
    Worked out beautifully.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super inking and I love your flourish!
    Thank you so much for your entry
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done, love the warm shades. It's been a while since I've masked with torn paper, must do that again soon :)
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!