Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Thursday 15 April 2021

Blog Along with Effy - Post Fifteen

I mentioned that I am trying to find my own style but in the meantime I am enjoying workshops  from a variety of people - like Tracy Scott.


If you have been reading some of my April posts you will know that when I saw
Effy's Blog Along, I thought I would share some 'diary' posts, along with some of the crafty things that I have been doing. This is my 15th Post on April 15th - so I thought I would just look back at what I have shared so far. These were my 'prompts'...

Day One - Copper Wire
Day Two - Family
Day Three - Birthday
Day Four - Spring Flowers
Day Five - Pets
Day Six - WOYWW
Day Seven - Pets again
Day Nine - Spirit Trees
Day Eleven - Grow Your Own
Day Twelve - Wanderlust Week 15
Day Thirteen - WOYWW 
Day Fourteen - Giant Lilies.

I have posted 15 posts in 15 days and commented on at least three others each day...

Having done that first doodle page courtesy of Tracy I went on to do these two:


and then this:


I don't think a day goes by when I don't think of my Mum and Dad. We lost them both last year - Dad in August, Mum in October. They both caught Covid but recovered - but then conditions they both already had, worsened and they couldn't improve. Dad was 93, Mum was 89. It was very hard as there was no way I could fly over to England from Australia - so both funerals were on webcam. 

February 2020

At every meal Mum used to say 'Do Get On'...this is a page from an album from some years ago.


Anyway at Mum's funeral at which there was no wake (Covid) and only 30 attendees, it was decided to give everyone an afternoon tea box with my tag - and a small bottle of bubbles! She would have loved it!!

February 2020

Happy Crafting!


9 comments:

  1. Those tags are wonderful, how lovely that you could share them, with such a personal message, at a time when sadness and memories come together,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I love the artwork, so bright and juicy, and I love their timely messages

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allll that color is happy making!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the colours are awesome. I'm so sorry about your Mum and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tags. Tracy Scott's art is always so colourful and happy. Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pages and tags...the colors are so JUICY and vibrant!
    I'm terribly sorry about your Mum and Dad. My sympathies ๐Ÿ’”

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sentiment - we all have had to adjust with life transitions last year (births and deaths) it was heartbreaking to not be able to be with others in celebrations and mourning. I love your tags and how you shared them in a virtual gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the spreads and the tags. I love that they were used to honour your mum! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.