Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Playing

While I was in Abu Dhabi, I really enjoyed running my card making class...
I am just beginning to share techniques and show people how to make simple cards here!

Last week I showed Wendy how to use my Big Shot using a thin die to make an owl card -
 you may remember my ATC:

And My set of owls arrived in the UK:


Yesterday I showed Ritu a few techniques:
  1. Brushless watercolour.
  2. Watercolouring a stamped image.
  3. Wrinkle free distress.
In each case we used Distress inks in a variety of colours.

Here an Inkadinkadoo stamp is inked up and then misted with water.
 It is stamped onto watercolour paper.
I will submit this card to Panpastels as I would love to win some gorgeous stash!

Distress ink was smeared onto the non-stick mat and spritzed with water. It was then used as paint with a brush. The image (freebie from Get Stamping! magazine)
 was stamped with Versafine onto watercolour paper.


 Finally the excess ink was blotted onto cardstock for use as a background in a future project.






5 comments:

  1. I do trust all of the ideas you have offered in your post.
    They're very convincing and will definitely work.
    Still, the posts are too quick for starters. May you please
    extend them a little from next time? Thank you for the post.


    Here is my blog post - Romantic Restaurants In Houston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy Susan, gorgeous artwork and fab techniques. thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK for our Flora and Fauna Challenge
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, thank you for sharing with us at Anything goes with a twist..Good luck.

    Caz x AGWT DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caz - I had a problem linking to Anything Goes with A Twist. The linky linked to this post from last june...I tried to delete it but couldn't. I tried again and put the correct link as the next post...Sorry!

      Delete
  4. This is lovely, thank you for sharing with us at Anything goes with a twist.
    .Huggles.
    Sandra AGWAT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.