Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Thursday 16 July 2015

ART DOLL HOP AND SWAP



 
ART DOLL HOP & SWAP
Blog Hop
 Nan
Teresa
Susan R.
Katie
Amanda
 Helen

The challenge for this month's Smeared and Smudged Hop was to make a paper doll...


This project reminded me of when I was a child and paper dolls came on the back of the comic Bunty...I used to love them!!



We were given an art doll template from The Enchanted Gallery and I hope you will hop through the list above to see what everyone came up with...



Here's mine...

This was the basic shape...I just doodled 'tattoos' on the arms and legs with a black fineliner as my first idea...


Each Smeared and Smudged project must be stamped somewhere, so I started thinking of the stamps that might be useful...

My first idea was from the Dylusions Set 'Pin Up Queen'.



I also thought of Kanban's Moulin Divas Tres Chic but this again is a back view...



so I moved on to a corset from Darkroom Door DDRS134 Corsetry:



I used small white brads to fit the doll together and added red vellum and black webby ribbon to make a skirt.


I added colour using Promarkers - Ivory, Blush, Red, Dark Grey 5 ...


But what of the face? This was from Visible Image's Beautifully Wicked...


Shoes - a bit more red vellum - and a few gems...and finally a cloak from some handmade paper



This was fun...Happy Crafting!


5 comments:

  1. Fabulous Susan!! I love this and the step by step is great! Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mini tutorial - love your glamorous witchy doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness - that is incredible !!! :-D I would have never thought of doing anything like that with that doll cut-out !!! Genius :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan this is so much fun and your thought processes through the project are a lovely touch xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.