Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Wednesday 22 March 2023

WOYWW #720

  WOYWW                   

How can it be Wednesday again? Thank you to all of you who commented on my blog last week - hope I get round to all of you this week!

 I am linking to the Stamping Ground!

Follow the link to find out more about What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday and maybe join in... This is my post for WOYWW #720

SO here's my desk!


I had a new set of Art by Marlene Bright watercolours to try out (my old box of shimmery ones are getting pretty empty!)
You can also see a handful of cut out flowers and butterflies - these have been going on journal pages - brayered bookpaper then stamped or printed on.
In the lefthand corner you can just see a pair of ATC collections send by a friend - and a new stamp.

Maybe this is a better picture of my watercolour blobbing:


Last week I showed you that start of a Wanderlust page, this is how it ended up - this was definitely not in my comfort zone. The process involved sketching people with charcoal!


The left hand image is a freebie from the Gecko Galz Steampunk Challenge

The following journal page made use of the flowers - it was based on a Tracy Weinzapfel canvas.




Finally - at last my landscapers have started on the retaining wall at the back of the house, and the front is looking better...







Wishing you a happy week...

Happy  WOYWW!

12 comments:

  1. I so love your flower page it's gorgeous and I am a bit obsessed at the moment at Art by Marlene. I am hoping that she will brighten my work up some what though I don't have the paints I do have some of her stamps and sticky embellishment books so we'll see. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x5x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers a re so bright and cheerful, love the zingy colours! That’s some serious landscaping you’ve got going there, it’ll be great when it’s all done!
    Hugs LLJ 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and bright flower pages. That free image from GG is a weird one and I haven’t decided what to do with it. I like how you used the image. Happy WOYWW. Angela # 8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright coloured flowers. Hope the digging etc goes well.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #12

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree time just flies by, but we just yesterday got rid of snow !!!! 40's here this week forward. No green or flowers or walking to much mud. Love your flowers. I'd like a 2 day session of using my water colors. Enjoy a great week Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those flowers.
    Landscaping started!! Ooh! how exciting, I hope you're taking photos . . . . .when you admire your garden in 20years time you will look back at the photos for a good laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pages, looking forward to more updates on yard photos too, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wanderlust page is fab, I can't do faces or people! Happy woyww Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that floral page Susan and the watercolours look lush. Well done for getting out of your comfort zone. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. So taken by the flowers watercolour I nearly missed the butterflies and ATCs! Yep - super flowers, I must have a go of that myself. Gorgeous journal page too the jar is so cool. Hugs BJ#10

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charcoal? Blimey no wonder it wasn’t in your comfort zone…although as evidenced, you can handle it! The flowers are so pretty, nice paints indeed.love the idea that a friend is sending ‘collections’ of ATCs. Exciting to see the landscaping getting going..a restraining wall will be so useful! The front looks huge…please don’t say it’s all one big bed to be planted up!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Susan... seeing your stack of flowers gave me an idea! So much inspiration from you ladies this week. Just amazing! Love your art work. So pretty. Yay for progress! Wish weather would dry up enough around here for me to make progress on our yard. Creative Blessings! ~Kelly #17

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.