Featured Post

Scrapbookingncraft #14

    I was delighted when Mel asked me to join her Design Team. I have enjoyed using stencils, chipboards and serviettes from  Scrapbookingnc...

Saturday 20 January 2024

Scrapbookinandcraft #7 January makes

 I was delighted when Mel asked me to join her Design Team. I have enjoyed using stencils, chipboards and serviettes from Scrapbookingncraft for some years now...

Find our Design Team makes on Facebook HERE

My plan for the New Year was to make pages using upcycled cardboard - I received a really sturdy box in the mail which was too good to throw away. The idea was to make one a week - the fourth is not 'finished' as I am not quite that far into the month. The pages are about 16 by 20 cm or 6.25 by 8 in. Eventually I will punch a hole in a corner and connect them with a metal ring. I used acrylic paints to start on the backgrounds.

Week One

I started by adding acrylic paint in sections and then overlaying this in the same colours with the stencil 6 by 6 All Stars.

I highlighted the stars with white Posca.

I added black paint to the Chipboard Roman clock and around the edges of the page.

Finally I added a sentiment.

Week Two

I placed stripes of colour directly to the card and blended this out using a paintbrush.

I then used black acrylic and a foam blender through the stencil Medium Square Scattered Brain. I emphasised this with white Posca.


Then I added the black cardstock butterflies and the sentiment.


Week Three

Again I used acrylic paint and white Posca and the stencil 12 by 12 Collage Circles

I then added the sentiment and butterflies using an orange-y acrylic on white card and cut out. I initially tried stamping these directly but they were not visible enough. This used the foam stamp Butterfly

Week Four

This page is not quite finished...

Again a background of acrylic using use up colours. I then added the cardstock Asemic Writing



My plan next was to add the Chipboard Cathedral Window but I am still thinking about this - not sure if this is where I want to go...





Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.