Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Friday 8 March 2024

Butterfly Challenge #193

 




The theme for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge #193 is to use the Cloisonne Technique
 and she gives instructions on this here

I started having a go at this technique using a free gardening magazine and some stamps:


The small butterfly I did first ((The Crafters Workshop stamp) but I discovered the stamp was too detailed. So next I tried the bird - Lost Coast Designs - Whimsical birds which had more open space. I then used another butterfly stamp (Impression Obsession) which I quite liked.

So how to use them?

The wheel in the Butterfly Challenge is as follows with the colour scheme below:



You may have noticed I used cerise flower pages to make my Cloisonne images.
I then matted a kraft card blank (camel?) with a background that is 'Celadon' - using a spritzed mica powder. I added a circle die cut from more of this background on top of a piece of patterned paper.



I then added the images and the sentiment - an Art by Marlene sticker.



I added some linework with a black Posca.


I will add this card to the Butterfly challenge (second challenge using two colours, Cloisonne, circle, butterfly) and the


Both of these butterfly stamps are NBUS so I will share this card there too...




Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. This is so creative, Susan! I did this technique quite a while ago and found it quite addictive once I got started. I know how beautiful and shiny it looks in person! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cardsz Susan. The large butterfly is gorgeous. Hope your weekend is a happy one. Hugs Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Susan, your card is a perfect example of the Cloisonne Effect. I love the butterfly and the bird too. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, thanks for joining the Lost coast design challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.