Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Friday 23 January 2015

Bugaboo Birthday Bash #5


Wednesday's challenge was 'Humor Me'

I looked through my Bugaboo images to find something that amused me and that would also do for my cousin's Birthday.


I decided today was a CAS card day..,
First I coloured the image with Promarkers.
Just a little matting and layering on a white card blank!


I will link this to Bugaboo's Birthday Bash - Wednesday
For my cousin I may add a number in the top right corner...

I was also amused by Bugaboo's Goofy Cat & Spider
Maybe not very Birthdayish but I know a little boy who would love this image on his card!!

I prepared a background sheet using Distress Ink smeared on my craft mat, spritzed with water and then mopped up by some white cardstock.

Once dry I printed the cat directly onto it.


I matted a square card blank with red spider web embossed paper and attached the cut out cat.


I added a little dark grey Promarker to the spider and touches of red and gold Stickles.

But then what of a sentiment?
I 'did wonder about

Cats don't expect Birthday presents,
they think they already own everything!

But then I came across the Haunted Design House What's new Pussycat? Challenge


 Maybe not macabre enough for Hounted House - but I will still link is to the challenge...

Happy Crafting!



10 comments:

  1. Lol, maybe not particularly macabr, (shhh, don't tell the other Minions) I'm a bit of a sucker for cats and creepy cute, so I love it ;) Thanks for playing along with us at HDH this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TEEHEE! How funny! and so true!
    Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us on Day Five of our Birthday Celebration at Bugaboo Stamps.
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love Gus! Thanks for helping Bugaboo to celebrate its fifth birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in our 5th Birthday Bash Humor Challenge @ Catch the Bug!
    I love all of your projects and appreciate you taking the time to join us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool kitty, thanks for playing in the Dungeon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card and great how you coloured then stamped. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it! that's certainly what MY cats think. Thanks so much for joining us in the dungeon at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - I just adore that Kitty :-D Brilliant way to colour him too :-D
    Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House for our challenge.

    IKE x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It may not be dark and macabre - but it sure is fun! Love that saying. Thank you for sharing your art at HDH this month

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, we love kitties in the dungeon. They taste just like chicken!
    We really all are kitty lovers in the most loving of ways.
    Thank you for joining us in the dungeon at HDH.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.