Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Thursday 15 January 2015

Smeared and Smudged January Monthly Member Blog Hop

If you have arrived here looking for my DT makes for the following please click the links:


January Monthly Member Blog Hop

Black Dragon
Teresa
Susan R. (YOU ARE HERE!!)
Sara 

The full Blog Hop list is above -
 I do hope you will call on everyone to see what wonderful makes they have produced!!
You should have come from Rachel and next stop is Tit Belsoer - if you have happened here by chance go back to Black Dragon to start...

So...


Those of you who watched my 12 Days of Creepmas
know that I was using 6 x 6 fat pages -

and I have decided to stay with the same format for this - a 6 x 6 fat page...

 I was also singing...well the 'Dead of Winter' (and the unseasonably cold weather we have had since Christmas here in the UK)  has brought to mind

In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone.

These lines inspired my first layers:

A piece of DP from my stash - no idea from where - plus a couple of Sizzix Bigz Tim Holtz Branch Trees die cut from sparkly grey card, with added Ice Stickles.


The photo does not really give it credit!

I printed the words and made them into a scroll using a nesting die cut and
 distressed with TH Forest Moss...


Of course I needed a tombstone...
(Teri Sherman's Tombstone 3 which I recently won as a Challenge prize)
coloured with some Ivory and several Grey Promarkers  
and a skull that was lying around on my worktable.


Finally that evil Snowman....again coloured with Promarkers - several greys, orange and Moss Green.

.



Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter, long ago.

For the snow I used some texture paste - and then added some more Ice Stickles here and there...



I enjoyed making this!
I am not sure that this Snowman will 'melt your heart'
but I am going to link this creation to Crafting By Designs Snowman Challenge

Happy Crafting!

P.S. I was delighted to be a Winner at Crafting By Design with this
and be spotlighted in their Saturday Spotlight!


23 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, a fabulous project, love the images and the die cut tree.

    Hugs Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great project ! Cute design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that tree die cut and the evil snowman. Thanks for sharing your creative process too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mix of a peaceful background and creepy tombstone and snowman !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou so much for showing and sharing each step. Love the pics and how it all comes together for a gorgeous page. So much work and sooo appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I just love love love it! Great job, tks for showing your step-by-step process! Your awesome! I really am digging your project it totally ROCKS!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Susan. I'm quite partial to Teri's images and that Evil Snowman just rocks. Love how this project has come together and thank You for walking us through the creative process. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card :) it all fits so well together...great imagination! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic fat book page xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scary winter scene you created, nice touch with the little skull. =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your 6X6 Fat Book Page! Your step by step tutorial is awesome! You really rocked this scene!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the details and the images are so awesome! So moody and very dark. Love it!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan so many wonderful details involved in this wonderful project! Love the scroll and sentiment! Fab snowman and tombstone..love the skelly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a brilliant creation - amazing :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic!! I love everything about this piece x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful! I love your background on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice cards! I love your creative projects Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wuaoooo I love your blog I hope you will like mine 

    http://instagram.com/ladyfur?ref=badge

    http://www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Know I already commented but...back as a SI DT and huge Thanks for getting this into this months Smudgy Antics Challenge. Love the green arms on the snowman! Shoni

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved seeing this all come together. Thank you for the step by steps. The end result is awesome. Thank you for entering hope to see you next month.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for joining us at Smudgy Antics!
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.