Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Monday 12 January 2015

Where does the time go?

This picture was taken in 1977 - I am second from the right!


The little girl, my niece Debbie, celebrated her 40th Birthday yesterday.
The little boy is my nephew Darren and his wife Joy has a Birthday today...

So I had to quickly whip up a couple of cards...

My first, for Debbie, is based on this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches

Instead of rectangles I used a nesting die shape cut three times - using papers from my stash.
The sandal is  a Chloe stamp and the sentiment from a Papermania Art Deco Set from Docrafts.
The shapes and card are distressed with tea dye.


I added a bit of bling and a bow.


Happy 40th Debbie!


I will link this to Freshly Made sketches

I then looked at this sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch for Joy:


Here is my card:


I used a Swirly Heart embossing Folder which was a magazine freebie I believe,
embossing on white card which I mounted on a square white card blank.
I printed the words on my computer and matted them onto sparkly yellow card.
Using the same card and a flower punch I added flowers.
Finally the die cut bird and some bling...

Hope this photo is better!


Happy Birthday Joy!

I will link this to CAS(E) this Sketch

Happy Crafting!


6 comments:

  1. Mmmm! Shoes . . . what's NOT to like? Seriously, both cards are great! That one with the bird and the die cut is so delicate! Welcome to the UK! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun cards Susan! Love the colours you've chose for Debbie's card! Great shoe! I'm sure she'll love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is,one sassy shoe! Love it! Thanks for,sharing it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I especially like the one you made with the CTS sketch -- it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo! Your cards are gorgeous! Love the fancy shoe on the first and the sweet blossoms on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful embossing and lovely finishing touches!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.