Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Monday 5 January 2015

Sketch~N~Scrap Card Sketch #41


There's a new sketch at Sketch~N~Scrap today and I would like to show you my DT ideas...


First - I thought Snowman, snowflakes and came up with this...


This is another in my 'Olaf' series...all the little people in my family are very fond of 'Olaf''!

 'Olaf' and the sentiment are from Sassy Studio Designs
and their progressive challenge on the SSD Facebook Group.
( I have just got this month's image - hope to show you that make very soon...)

Anyway I decided this was too loosely based on the sketch and produced this -

 from the adorable to the...scary!


The image is Teri Sherman's Evil Snowman - find him here

I used nesting dies to cut him and the sentiment from Create with TLC 

I used tea dye distress ink around all the shapes.
The DP is from a My Mind's Eye paper pack called Honey Cake
 and the banner (and circles punched from it) from Foil Play

I will link this to Smudgy Antics January Challenge

Happy Crafting!




10 comments:

  1. You are sharing the good and the bad of the snowmen.
    I can't call either of them ugly.
    Both are beautiful but Olaf makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful each, but more drawn to the second =).
    Love the colors on #2 and distressing around edges so ties it all together.
    Fab job and thanks so much joining this month with your Smeared Ink image in the Smudgy Antics Anything Goes Challenge. Shoni, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are two fabulous cards, my granddaughters love Olaf too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very different snowmen cards.... now i wonder which this dragon prefers... ? Lovely cards Susan, Thank you for joining us at Smudgy antics this month BDx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab cards Susan, I have to say the creepy one is certainly my kinda thing :D Thank you for playing along with is at Smudgy Antics this month. Shell x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors, image, and background.

    Thanks for entering Design Team Showcase.

    Kim
    {Craftisan Studios}
    Design Team Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card, Susan! the sentie fits erfect with that cool snowman...great take on the sketch too! Thanks for playing along with us at SA / DTlisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love this. Great use of that mean old snowman. Love the senti. Thank you for entering hope to see you next month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Evil Snowman card you made and the sentiment is so perfect! =)
    Thanks for joining us at Smudgy Antics!
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Cards Susan I'm especially loving the Evil Smowman, he is one of my Favourite Images. Thanks for joining in with us at Smudgy Antics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.