Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Tuesday 25 October 2022

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 2 Post #6

 



     This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team 2022 - Term 2! 

with Michelle Grant Designs

You will see our inspirational creations on the Facebook Group

Today I am sharing a journal page which uses images from



The paper I used for collage was from Elisa Ablett, the cats and mice from Karen Yates.

We moved into our new house on October 1st so I have not had a lot of time to craft. We are still without our internet connection and my printer is being temperamental.  I had so wished to join in with the October 2022 Art Journal but I am on catch up!
#artjournaljunkieoct22

I decided on my journal - a diary - a find in a charity shop.
Initially I glued every two pages together to give them more strength. 

My cover is based on prompt #2 - orange, pink and yellow - Circles - "My Creativity is Endless".

My cover is a Gelli pull involving acrylic paints, string and a junk stamp made of bottle tops. I added black soot Distress Ink around the edges. I then added a strip of embossed black card in circles, with white ink smeared across it.
Finally I adhered the sentiment - printed, trimmed and distressed.



The page I am going to share is based on prompt #24
Red, yellow, orange, Animals.
You are powerful, beautiful, brilliant and brave.

This is how my pages started with collage. The cat page was printed on tissue.
I overstamped in black with a script stamp and white with a dot stamp.


Next I painted the cats and mice with fluoro paints in red, orange and yellow.
 The red looks rather pink.


I used black and white Poscas to emphasise the lines/eyes in the cat and mouse and then used a Stabilo-All to make shadows around them.
When I had finished the pages I added white splatter, and black scribble around the page edges.


The next step was to add a sentiment. 



The theme suggests the words powerful, beautiful, brilliant and brave.
The fluoro paint is brilliant and I think the mouse is brave alongside the powerful cat!

I had thought of using the quote from Leonardo da Vinci 
"The smallest Feline is a masterpiece".

But I finally decided on
"People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life".









I will also add this as my second make in the Cat Lovers Hop


 I am joining in with the 2022 Cat lovers hop

Do pop over and find all the details on Janis' Her Peaceful Garden blog



I will add this to the main hop post.

Happy Hopping!
=^-^=


27 comments:

  1. Susan, I adore your cat in his coat of many colors but even more I love the sentiment! I totally agree. LOL Good to see you in the Cat Lovers Hop again this year. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popping over from the Cat Hop to say hello... again! Your journal page is fabulous! Love your color palette!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these fresh, bright color in your project! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so great!!! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous cat journal page, Susan - the sentiment is terrific and most likely true! Have fun hopping. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitty page is adorable! So unique and colourful! The sentiment is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah ah ah!!!! :D Such FUN and SAGE sentiment on your page!! LOVE it! Fabulous creation, really cool and unique!
    Happy Hopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one colourful kitty!
    Popping in from the Cat Lovers Hop and
    LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous and so creative!
    Ellie, hopping along from the Cat Lovers Hop.
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh its gorgeous!
    Hi from Cat lovers blog hop! 😺

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this gorgeous kitty and the mice images! So sweet. And I L*O*V*E the colors you used - so bright & cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun and colourful page. Hopping from the Cat Lovers Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello from the Cat Lovers Hop! Fabulous journal pages - so artistic. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your mixed media page! What a great sentiment and whole heartily agree!! Your multicoloured kitty is so vibrant and gorgeous! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a wonderful quote! This must be fun to do. Terrific page!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an interesting project, love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow....this is fantastic, Susan!! I wish I had the time and patience and space to play around more with mixed media!! I love that you showed us your process. Love the quote and the wild colors on this wonderful 2-page spread!!
    Thank you so much for participating in our #2022CatLoversHop!!
    <3 J
    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful artsy journal creation. Visiting from Cat Lovers Blog Hop.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a unique and creative design for your art journal! Love your artsy and colourful page! Such a fun sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your sentiment and creativity!
    Thanks for participating in the 2022 Cat Lovers Hop! I'm hopping by to say hi to everyone and check out all of the amazing cat creations and inspiration.
    Roberta
    rstevensoncreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome page with a hilarious sentiment! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Personally I don't trust people who don't like cats :) I adore your journal page - love the abstract look & it is so colorful :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cat themed journal page. I like the words and the fluoro paints.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your cat & mouse journal page. That's such a cool print...love it!
    Here for the Cat Lovers Hop

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am visiting from the Cat Lovers Hop. What an awesome and creative art journal page you've made. Love it! Thank you for the inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super jazzy page with lots of wonderful colour! Hopping over from the Cat Lovers Hop and LeighSBDesigns Inspiration Blog to thank you for visiting us and leaving us love, so much appreciated!
    Leigh
    https://leighsbdesigns.blogspot.com/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  27. this is absolutely stunning. Hello from the Cat Lovers Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.