Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Smeared and Smudged Day 1



April brings spring flowers and showers...

 and now a brand new event hosted by

 Smeared Ink!



April Muse Three Day Blog Hop

Black Dragon
Susan R. YOU ARE HERE
Fiona
Shell
Nan

Just a few of us this time so I am sure you will be able to call on everyone!

This is a three day blog hop that will feature three daily themes:


April 1 Theme: All Fool's Day- Create a project that is foolish or fun.


April 2 Theme: Awaken The Beast- Create a dark spring project that features creatures 


or animals.

April 3 Theme: Zombie Resurrection...




which leads me nicely to my Birthday on April 4...




I decided to make three tags for this hop...

Look at this great Jester image in the SLSLines Etsy Store.

A Jester is a professional clown employed to entertain a king or nobleman in the middle ages. Also referred to as a fool, buffoon or clown. The Medieval jesters of the Middle Ages can be compared to the circus clowns of today.

As it is All Fools' Day today I thought I would use this 'fool' on my first tag.




This is also my inspiration for SLSLines which I hope will encourage you to join in the latest Challenge there...

But I am sure you want more details!

I started by preparing the background under the image.
I smeared Distress Inks on an acrylic block and then dripped on alcohol blending solution.
I mopped this up with some watercolour paper.



I also sprayed the result with some perfect pearls misters. I trimmed it to size and distressed the edges and my verse with 'seedless preserves'.



The verse came from Poor Robin's Almanac 1790.
I attached these to two layers of purple card trimmed and distressed as shown.


I added the image, coloured with various markers,
 an eyelet and ribbon which echoes the colours in the background.







Do join us tomorrow!!

Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Susan.... love the background. Glad you're taking part in this 3 day hop. love BDx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab tag! Love that distressed background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack..........Gorgeous work Susan. The background is fab as is the image you used. Love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project, Susan! Thanks for the deets..and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project, Susan! Thanks for the deets..and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool background and perfect image for the theme - I'll be back for part 2 tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic background - I really like that technique - it's superb. Lovely image too. A brilliant tag :-D xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.