Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Friday 3 April 2015

Smeared and Smudged Day 3


To what purpose, April, do you return again?
Beauty is not enough.
You can no longer quiet me with the redness
Of little leaves opening stickily.
I know what I know.
The sun is hot on my neck as I observe
The spikes of the crocus.
The smell of the earth is good.
It is apparent that there is no death.
But what does that signify?
Not only under ground are the brains of men
Eaten by maggots.
Life in itself
Is nothing,
An empty cup, a flight of uncarpeted stairs.
It is not enough that yearly, down this hill,
April
Comes like an idiot, babbling and strewing flowers.




April Muse Three Day Blog Hop

Black Dragon
Susan R. YOU ARE HERE
Fiona
Shell
Nan

Just a few of us this time so I am sure you will be able to call on everyone!

So here's my third tag...quite simple...



I started with a brown card base matted with some purple all distressed with 'seedless preserves'. I used this to also distress my leaves and tree...my idea was that Spring is emerging from the Autumn and Winter.



The leaves are Stampin Up's falling Leaves stamped on scraps of DP. 
The tree Is Sissix Bigz Tim Holtz Branch Tree.
I was thinking of using that fabric flower but decided it was too big...

I then added Smeared Ink's Zombie Pin Up Tease printed on lilac and coloured with Markers. Unfortunately the photos seem to have washed out the real colours.



Finally I added eyelet and ribbon, and a few flowers from my stash.



I will link this to the Smudgy Antics April Challenge
So here's my three days' tags: A crafty start to April! 



I used my Jester again from All Fools' Day to make an ATC. - just a few scraps of hand made paper from India, some washi and bling.



Happy Crafting!


9 comments:

  1. Love all of your lovely tags, Susan! The zombie pin up girl fits so well on the emerging spring tag...love the softer colors!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see all three projects together! Love the leaves on this tag and the zombie pin up x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the tags you have made over the last three days Susan. To see them altogether as a set is fabulous. Love em. Great ATC too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tags - I especially love those grumpies. Great April Fools ATC. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful set of tags! Love the poem as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful tag and I love the colours. That one called 'seedless preserves'... I mean - what a superb name for an ink !!! Yummy :-D

    Hugz
    IKE x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes - I forgot to say .... what a very strange Poem !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your April Fools Day ATC! Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL love all your creations - your ATC is great and perfect for our Wicked Wednesday Challenge this week - thanks for entering!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.