Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Wednesday 13 November 2019

Coffee Lovers Blog Hop Round Up...



I know some of you have been waiting for my round up of the

I was delighted to win a prize from Polka Dot Orchard  and Jessica was very generous!
Watch out for my makes with my new digis!
I was hoping to add one here but time has not been on my side!!

But there are prizes to be won from my little Quiz!!

First the answers:

My first trivia question was
In which country was coffee discovered?
Ethiopia (although there is some debate as to whether it was Yemen).

My Day 2 trivia question was
Can you tell me when and where was the first coffee house established?

I think the earliest I found was Turkey in 1475.

My third trivia question was
When and where was the first Starbucks opened?
The first Starbucks was opened in Seattle, Washington in 1971

My Day 4 trivia question was
What were the waitresses called in Lyons Corner House and why?
The name ‘Nippy’ was eventually chosen, probably for the connotation that the waitresses nipped speedily around.

My Day 5 trivia question was
When was Betty's Tea Room established in Harrogate, England?
The Betty's story started in Harrogate 100 years ago, 1919.

My Day 6 trivia question was
There are four major tea types – black, green, white and oolong – but they all come from one plant. What is the name of that plant? 
Camellia Sinensis

My Day 7 trivia question was
What is the name given to the art of reading tea leaves?
 Tasseography, sometimes called tasseomancy.

My Day 8 trivia question was
Who were the first people to drink a 'cocoa' drink?
The Olmecs (1500-400 BC) were almost certainly the first humans to consume chocolate, originally in the form of a drink. They crushed the cocoa beans, mixed them with water and added spices, chillies and herbs

Thank you to everyone who took part - and especially those of you who answered every question! I am hoping that you agree with my answers!

I have picked two people at random to win a prize - and they are:

Becca Yahrling

and

Vinita Jain 

Please email your adresses to susanrenshaw0404@gmail.com and your prizes will be in the post soon...

(31 days of Halloween prizes are already in the post...)



Happy Crafting!


5 comments:

  1. Yay! Super happy! Congrats to Becca too! Mailing you now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Becca & Vinita! I like learning stuff and having fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on winning a prize from Polka Dot Orchard! Jessica is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay - how exciting - thank you so much! And congrats to Vinita as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.