Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Friday 8 November 2019

Dia de Muertos

 I was missing making the pages I did for 31 Days of Halloween, so here's one more page!
 I was going to make this to post on Saturday but time ran away with me...



The page celebrates Dia de Muertos - Day of the Dead.

The page starts with red card then a paper from my stash. 
On top of this I added several stamped images from Dylusions 'Pin Up Queen'. I coloured them with Copics and cut them out.



I placed the following skull as head to Ike's cat body, also coloured with markers and cut out.




The skull with the hat stamp was a prize from Dream in Darkness some time ago.
I will add this page to their current challenge.




 I added a 'technique tag' :


The tag uses the technique Distress Markers : Colouring Stamped Images.

Method:
  1. Stamp the image onto the tag of stamping paper with Archival Ink. Dry with heat tool.
  2. Partially colour in the image with Distress Markers.
  3. Use a wet brush to pull out the colour from the areas with ink to the rest of the image. Dry with heat tool.
  4. Stamp text in blank areas and distress edges if required. Add ribbon.
I added stamped and coloured roses from the Dylusions stamp set.

Finally I added some Papermania paper flowers to the whole page.



I will add this to Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge Dia de los Meuertos



Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. An awesome page Susan. Love that skull with the hat and the way you combined skull and cat. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page! I love all the colors and elements that you used and your DOD stamps are really fun. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW - what a gorgeous page. The colours are wonderful. I am really loving all those skulls and roses. Thank you for using my cat body in your creation LoL
    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.