Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Friday 1 November 2019

Day 31 of 31 Days of Halloween! IT'S HALLOWEEN!!


Once again Leigh is hosting 31DOH!

Oct 1 - 31, 2019

The Blog Hop  linky party opens Oct 1st at 5 past midnight PDT and ends at midnight on Oct 31st!
  

For more details go to

🎃 LeighSBDesigns annual 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop🎃

I will be sharing today's Halloween make on Leigh's page...Day 1

~~~~~~~

So let's celebrate Halloween!!

My sister is in Prague - she sent me this picture of a poster she saw there this morning:



And I have just put my bunting up (made a few years ago):






To be honest I have had a few trials and tribulations with the last few days' crafting - my printer packed up a couple of days ago so I couldn't print the images I had been thinking of - I just had to use anything I had already printed and was in my folder...


First I have a third ATC in this little set:



The base is black card matted with papers from Spooky Spectacular (papermilldirect).
I then added the Oddball pumpkin (CCC68) coloured with Copics and cut out.
Finally I added my favourite spider stamp from Viva Las Vegas stamps (stamped on an inked scrap and punched out).




This is also my DT make for the Challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More

Do pop over and see my teamies' makes!!


Challenge #365 is a photo inspiration!






Hope to see your make in the ATSM Challenge!!




And then on to today's page in my scrapbook...


The main image on here is Leigh's Mushroom Cottage, trimmed and coloured with Copics and Peacock feathers distress ink.



I used quite a lot of different colours of Distress ink on this page...

The paper underneath is an old one from Smeared Ink.

I added a tag (of course):




The tag uses the technique Distress Crayons: Gesso Fresco
(2017 Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry Live)

Method:
  1. Apply gesso randomly using palette knife and let dry completely.
  2. Scribble Distress Crayons over surface, smudge with fingers.
  3. Repeat with various colours on surface.
  4. Place stencil over surface and rub with damp paper towel to lift colour and reveal design. (Gesso areas will show brighter colour).
I then added a variety of die cuts - Seth Apter's Drip Drop cut from water colour paper and covered in Distress Ink.
This surrounded one of my triple stamped moons (Kitchen Sink stamps)


I added the sentiment, then die cuts cut from black card - Cheery Lynn's steampunk Owl, unknown witch and mushroom.

Finally I added a few spiders (my favourite spider stamp) and some fineliner web strands.





Happy Hopping!

More from Vintage Image Craft 





Thank you to everyone who has entered my spot prizes so far!!

This is the last one - I will put all answers in the hat and choose some winners in the next couple of days - please call back!!

Prize winners will be announced on November 4th!


Spot Prize 13
  
How many countries do you think celebrate Halloween?

Please email your answer to susanrenshaw0404@gmail.com

Happy Halloween!










12 comments:

  1. Fabulous makes, I am dashing about, got to get ready to answer the door Boo! Happy Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finale!!! Your ATCs and scrapbook page are amazing!!! Happy Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bunting is lovely, really bright and colourful. Your atc,s are certainly packed with a lot of detailing. Hard to remember they are only small. Happy Halloween. Hope you don’t get spooked with anymore mishaps. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have our trials and tribulations when crafting.. so you are not alone... I think it is due to Halloween and Mercury going retrograde again .. I love the bunting, your ATC's and today's journal page.. Fabulous projects even if you couldn't use what you had in mind, you did a wonderful job.. Happy Halloween !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Halloween! Thank you so much for joining in on LeighSBDesigns 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop, it’s been a real treat having you play! LOVE LOVE LOVE how you coloured my Enchanted Garden Mushroom Cottage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful finale! Thanks for sharing all of your fabulous creations this month! Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful final post! Love the mushroom house on your page. Great posts with all the techniques all month! THANKS so much. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome touch of using different elements and details on your journal page. Ive thoroughly enjoyed all your Halloween makes and your share of crafting processes too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spooktacular makes today...love kitty pumpkin 🎃 and all your new additions to you book!!!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great projects to look at on this page! Love the pumpkin card and the scrapbook page. Very cool with the dripping moon! Hope you had a great Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Susan for completing the hop...with entries and hop blogging to leave spooky love 💗.... so unfair when a person plays with entries BUT does not hop to ALL blogs to leave spooky love 💗

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.