Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Wednesday 2 March 2022

WOYWW #665

   

  WOYWW

Wednesday again, so I am linking to the Stamping Ground

Follow the link to find out more about What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday and maybe join in... This is my post for WOYWW #665

So what's on my workdesk? Well actually we are over at youngest son Matty's for the week - so what crafting I am doing is on the table. I thought I had brought a lot of stuff to join in a virtual retreat at the weekend - but every class really needs stuff from my craft room...so here is a journal page I am starting adding some collage with gel medium. I had the image (printed on tissue) to hand in my journal.

I have been carrying on with my temperature blanket. Now it is two months done. The last few days is has been constant at 24 degrees - so lots of yellow!


One of the worst jobs is to periodically sew in the ends...this time I used all the cut off's in this abstract weaving - using a piece of coffee bean sack as my base. I added some other bits of yarn and am thinking about how to further embellish it. It will probably end up in one of my journals. I just picked up some more yarn oddments from the local charity shop so may make a blue version. 



I finished week 3 of Wanderlust (only 5 weeks behind...) and made a junk journal page following Carolyn Dube's prompt. It was also Carolyn's Wanderlust.


All the pieces for this came from my collage fodder folder which you will see above on the table - a lot from Michelle Grant's virtual retreat and the sentiment from Tanya Froud.


This had layers of collage, black gesso, white gesso and shimmery paint through stencils, penwork and die cuts.

While here Kevin has been renovating a boat.


He needed some marine ply so Jas was tempted to come to bunnings at the thought of a sausage sizzle...



I better add a picture of Isa too...



Hope you are all well - stay safe... I do hope I will get the opportunity to call on you all this week...

Happy WOYWW !!


15 comments:

  1. Enjoy your stay and your crafting - it's always difficult to take enough supplies to use but not so much you can't carry it all (I do that at the WoyWW crops we used to be able to have; never the right thing for what you end up wanting to do!) Take care and stay safe. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fact that nothing is wasted - not even the cut off blanket threads Susan. You are still 3 weeks ahead of me with Wnderlust lol. Enjoy your visit. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages - you do so well following thru on classes, free as well as ones you paid for! Enjoy your visit and your blanket - do you go by the temp where you ARE or when you LIVE LOL!? Nice use of the ends too, clever.
    Wishing peace for WOYWW and every other day!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We’ll, I’d never have thought of using up the wool ends like that, what a great idea! Sewing the ends in is one of my least favourite things about crafting, even stripes blankets end up with quite a few. You’ve been busy with all sorts, good to see a productive week!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. As how much you plan there always seems to be something you need at home when crafting away.
    Well done on only being a few weeks behind with the classes, I could never join something like that, I would give up after two months at the most.
    Love the blanket.
    Hugs, Neet 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to smile when you said you thought you'd got everything you needed for your virtual retreat. The number of times I've gone away, packed up loads of stuff and then found it to be all the wrong stash Lol! Looks like you've been busy this week. Wishing you a very happy woyww, hugs Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that's ingenious using up the bits of wool like that - and what a fabulous addition to your journal. Your temperature blanket is looking gorgeous and I love the unpredictability of the pattern.
    Hope you have a lovely week
    Diana xx #16

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at all you`ve done ... sat here typing after ooohing and ahhing over your photos ... have a marvelous time away!
    Loving the journal page .. swooning over your blanket ... here in Scotland I have a feeling it would be mainly ... blues lol so chilly it is ...a feast for the eyes yours is. How I love that you`ve weaved up all the odd bits to make art ... what a joy to see all that you`ve created ...pure joy! Big hugs, be safe and enjoy your days Tracy #21 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great projects! Enjoy your stay at your son's. Isa is so pretty! xx zsuzsa #14

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects on the go. Love the colours of your blanket. Do your coffee beans come in a sack? Interesting weaving. I imagine it is a lot finer than hessian. Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up the sack from a local charity shop for a dollar. They get them from a coffee shop who get their beans delivered in sacks. This one was pretty torn so not much good for storing veggies from the garden so I thought I would used it as canvasses...

      Delete
  11. Enjoy your stay and have fun!Great projects!
    Carol N #20

    ReplyDelete
  12. How creative to use your cut offs for your abstract weaving project. I am just into junk journaling lately, and really like your junk journal page. Thanks for the peek. Happy WOYWW. #25

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the wanderlust page, what a great saying, too! I never manage to pack what I need or want successfully, I admire that you’ve got something else to turn to! Hope you have a fun week with Matty and his fam, so nice to read of these visits, back to some sort of normal, after all, I imagine that’s why you emigrated too! I’m with Jas, shopping with Grandpa should always involve some sort of treat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That blanket will certainly keep you warm in the winter, even by just looking at it! Your pages are lovely. I will be visiting my DD next week, but I don't think any crafting will get done, I will be too busy playing with my Grandbaby! I wish you loads of fun with your visit, Lindart #23

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.