Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Wednesday 16 March 2022

WOYWW 667

WOYWW    

Wednesday again, so I am linking to the Stamping Ground

Follow the link to find out more about What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday and maybe join in... This is my post for WOYWW #667

So what's on my workdesk?


Once again I am in the utility room playing with paint and stuff.
In the foreground you can see a page of a junk journal which ended up like this:



This uses a freebie image from Gecko Galz on the March Gothic Image Challenge - I rather liked it on this script stamped book paper page with a  bit of stencilling and an Art by Marlene sticker.

In the background you can see a cardboard page in the process of being made. This was a Carolyn Dube prompt - thoughtless - and I was being totally thoughtless just adding various paints from my mat through a variety of stencils. It ended up like this:


My Wanderlust Week #4 (with Laly Mille) became this  (still a long way behind!)


I also used my 'ends' from my crochet blanket to make another abstract:


I finally managed to catch up with all of you yesterday - I really don't know where the week went...but we did have a Bank Holiday on Monday.  We found out that daughter Sophie posted positive on Sunday. (Fortunately she is not too bad - and she had a lovely email from her year 7 form.)
But she couldn't come out with us to a local garden (Heronswood) which has a very nice cafe.


Today we went out and bought a new printer (with refillable tanks which should work out a lot cheaper). I now have to reorganise my craft room a bit. Here is Kevin filling one of the tanks:


I have now had a go at printing a few things - so far so good!

Today I managed to get to the Post office and posted Mary Anne's ATCs - I hope she likes them and they don't take too long to get to her.


Hope you are all well - stay safe... I do hope I will get the opportunity to call on you all this week...

Happy WOYWW !!

P.S. We are all thinking of the people of Ukraine - I altered this box using an image from Gecko Galz which is being sold in aid of a Ukraine charity




15 comments:

  1. Lots of great artwork as usual, Susan. Thanks for your visit and I'm glad you enjoyed my drawings. As soon as the rest of my goodies arrive in the post, I shall be experimenting with the new highlighting technique and will write it up on my blog.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the junk journal page! what a wonderful image. The wanderlust page is great too. Hope your daughter continues t only have mild symptoms and feels better soon. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan so much fun going on here. Thanks for the visit to mine too. Loving the Wanderlust project and thoughtless obviously works! Have a lovely belated woyww. Hugs Angela x15x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan, I love your pages - the bat image is fabulous and I love the white seed heads against the dark background - they are really beautiful and effective. The sunflower box is gorgeous, what a lovely image of the sunflower and such a good cause too.
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana xx #16

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, so much to see in your post! I do love the junk journal page and the abstract brodery/crochet piece! We have a refillable printer, it's indeed a good thing to not have to replace ALL inks when just one colour is empty... enjoy! Thanks for stopping by my desk yesterday, have a good week dear! Love & peace from the Netherlands! Marit #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great array of artwork as usual Susan. Hope your daughter is fully fit again soon. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan. My goodness - you have been busy - puts me to shame! I'm liking the sunflower box - lovely. Well done. The garden you visited looks gorgeous - such blue skies to cheer our hearts.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #11

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous artwork there Susan - I love the sunflower/altered box. Also your St Patrick's Day cards are fab! xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, two great pieces used from the gecko gals this week, both are splendid, love what you did with the sunflowers. I really like the ‘thoughtless’ page very much…I had to enlarge it for a real inspection. I am consistently amazed that your ‘just adding’ technique produces such lovely pieces, mine ends up a muddy puddle and in the bin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I do like the image from Gecko Gals, I don't like bats but this works so well and I think I might have to investigate myself. Great journal pages.
    Hugs, Neet xx
    yes, there was an 8 and a 5 on one of my cards but it didn't mean I am 85. Not quite there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful artwork Susan. Sorry I'm so late, just doing the 'mop up of those I missed the first time round. I honestly thought for a moment you had drawn that GG image - I was like WOW. Still pretty wow, and your thoughtless piece looks anything but. Behind with your challenges? I don't like to think how far I am behind with my alphabet journal!! That would be years then........Have a god week, love n hugs Cindy #12

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of great work, love that bat image. Belated happy WOYWW, Angela CWJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your projects! I need to get in gear and make some stuff for Spellbinders, a bit behind myself.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Carol N #19

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh hope your daughter is ok and thanks for the gothic image share, not come across the site before and that image is just perfect for a couple of my mates!
    Thanks for visiting my desk already
    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to be so late this week, or was it last week! Son gone, feeling a tad better so loads to catch up with.

    Love the goth page but then I was a Goth myself - many many moons ago! The cardboard piece is lovely too. Love the textures on your Wanderlust journal pages. Great to use up all your "ends" too.
    Sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she is feeling better now.

    Thanks for visiting me BJ#8

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.