Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Friday 27 August 2021

Steampunk Serengeti Blog Hop 2021 Post #22 August 27

      Once again Leigh is leading a hop...

LeighSBDesigns Steampunk Serengeti Blog Hop!
August 6 - 31, 2021



For more details hop over to Leigh's page

Remember my little booklet:




Today I am sharing the little folder I made to put this in:


I made this with a kraft card base with the front top cut at an angle. I added brown cardstock to the front and back and added double sided tape to make a pocket.

On top of this I added the cut file from Africa Steampunk Serengeti Collage, cut in green, 4 inches wide.


 I cut serengeti from giraffe steampunk in yellow and adhered it over the Africa cut.


The Serengeti is a vast ecosystem in east-central Africa. It spans 12,000 square miles (30,000 square kilometres), giving rise to its name, which is derived from the Maasai language and means "endless plains."

This region of Africa is located in north Tanzania and extends to southwestern Kenya, to the East of Lake Victoria. The Serengeti encompasses Serengeti National Park in Tanzania and Masai Mara National Park in Kenya and includes a number of other protected game reserves and conservation areas maintained by the governments of Tanzania and Kenya. The region hosts the largest mammal migration in the world and is a popular destination for African safaris.


Lake Victoria is one of the African Great Lakes. Though having multiple local language names, the lake was renamed after Queen Victoria by the explorer John Hanning Speke, the first Briton to document it in 1858, while on an expedition with Richard Francis Burton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In amongst the box of books that I have obtained from charity shops for collage paper,
 I found a book about old postage stamps.

I found a stamp commemorating the discovery of Lake Victoria by Burton and Speke.
The three African countries Uganda, Kenya and Tanganyika had amalgamated  their postal services.
 Tanganyika became part of Tanzania in the 60s.


I was hoping to find some Tanzania stamps in my book - but I did find some Kenyan ones, showing Serengeti animals...


I will link this to Leigh's Linky


Happy Crafting!


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous folder for you little book, love the Africa Lacey cutz on the front! Fabulous Serengeti stamps Susan!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure trove that book was! I love postage stamps! Your folder for your awesome little book is just as fantastic as the treasure it holds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this, I love everything about it and the little geography and history lesson too...I learnt all about it at school in South Africa ;0)
    Thanks for using my design and playing in LeighSBDesigns Steampunk Serengeti Blog Hop!
    Stay Crafty and Safe!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.