Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Tuesday 14 September 2021

Blog Along with Effy, September 13th

 

Once again I am joining in with Effy's Blog Along. I thought I would share some more 'diary' posts, along with some of the crafty things I have been doing.

We have moved many times - in the last 25 years or so, we have lived in various parts of the UK, Australia, Hong Kong, Abu Dhabi and India.
So a move isn't really such a big deal. We de-stash, pack up, ship and unpack. 6 years ago today we moved from a rental into a house we had just bought in Derbyshire. The new house was actually just around the corner from the old one.  So - we actually moved using a trailer and our car, even walking some things around... I just came across that first photo - the sofa got as far as the garden - and we did wonder how we would get it any further!


I was lucky enough to have a room with en suite for my craft room... this was how it looked before I moved stuff in!


Our last move was back to Australia - this time we really cut down our goods and chattels, bringing maybe 70 'boxes'. Mind you maybe half of the boxes held my crafty stuff. My room allocated for crafting was this:


This is how I set it up - but it is much less tidy than this. And of course I expand into many other rooms in the house!



Because I was watching my computer scene for the virtual retreat over the weekend I did everything in here - rather than move to my 'dirty area' in the utility room.


I also usually move into the dining area!



So this journal page was made in my craft room...


I used various techniques involving tissue - using texture paste through a stencil on tissue for the body, stamping on tissue for the wings (Tracy Scott stamps) and face (Dina Wakley stamp). The eye is a Michelle Grant image printed on tissue. 


I used inks, water colour paint and fluro on the wings.

That's all for today...More tomorrow!
Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I'm currently drifting around the house for office and art space because we're finally finishing the attic where I usually work. I'm happy though, it's been five years, and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.