Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 5 September 2021

Blog Along with Effy - September 4th


 A small pair of pages from my mini art journal.

 

Once again I am joining in with Effy's Blog Along. I thought I would share some more 'diary' posts, along with some of the crafty things that I have been doing. 

I am pretty late posting my 4th epistle - for some reason I just didn't get that finger to keyboard...

I carried on with Let's Make a Mini Art Journal with Marjie Kemper and today was the 5th day. I was very pleased with the 'eye page' at the top of this post - the images are from Michelle Grant Designs which I printed on tissue and then added to my pages with matt medium. One of the main things about making this album is a reminder to use Distress Inks - yes I have a boxful in my craft room but how often do I turn to the Oxides or paint? These Distress inks have produced such vibrant colour! These are the final pages I want to add to - then I will make a flip through!

This page definitely needs a bit more... (Dina Wakley stamp)


I think the drips (stamps from Designs by Ryn) need a little extra.


Not sure what to add to this...


Definitely spaces here...


And I want to do something with the twine...


I find with all my art work that I think it's finished and then I take a photo and I can see what I have missed. With the 'eyes', a photo showed I needed some more yellow in the left hand eye - and I decided to add water splashes!


One of the best things about today was a Zoom call with Dan Lizzie and our new grandson Ollie (5 weeks old) - he looks slightly startled!


Finally a couple of memories - Kevin and I got married in the 70s - Our little bridesmaid has just turned 50!


And then Facebook reminded me of a day about 7 years ago - in the village where we lived in the UK there was a level crossing. We often had to wait for a train to come through. This particular day I jumped out of the car and took a picture of this flower in the hedgerow:


More tomorrow!

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. What lovely pictures and memories. Your grandbaby is adorable. Isn't zoom a life saver for sharing with families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your eye page! and congratulations on your new grandchild xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that adorable Ollie! He does look a little perplexed about what's going on.

    That eye spread is wonderful, and your mini journal is really pretty. So full of color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.