Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 19 September 2021

As I swing, as I swing,


This is my make for the DT team of Outlawz


 September 19th - October 2nd, 2021

Sunday - Songs and Rhymes 

 Our sponsor this month is: Createful Heart Designs

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Createfulheartdesign


Prize: 3 images from the shop

9388985080?profile=RESIZE_400x 

Note:  The theme doesn’t have to be taken literally.  You may use any word or phrase out of it for your project.

Find inspiration in the song or rhyme:

Swing Song

by Laura E. Richards

Swing Song is a motion poem featured in Ms. Richards' collection of morality tales and poems, The Pig Brother and Other Fables and Stories (1881). 

As I swing, as I swing,

Here beneath my mother’s wing,

Here beneath my mother’s arm,

Never earthly thing can harm.

Up and down, to and fro,

With a steady sweep I go,

Like a swallow on the wing,

As I swing, as I swing.

 

As I swing, as I swing,

Honey-bee comes murmuring,

Humming softly in my ear,

“Come away with me, my dear!

In the tiger-lily’s cup

Sweetest honey we will sup.”

Go away, you velvet thing!

I must swing! I must swing!

 

As I swing, as I swing,

Butterfly comes fluttering,

“Little child, now come away

’Mid the clover-blooms to play;

Clover-blooms are red and white,

Sky is blue and sun is bright.

Why then thus, with folded wing,

Sit and swing, sit and swing?”

 

As I swing, as I swing,

Oriole comes hovering.

“See my nest in yonder tree!

Little child, come work with me.

Learn to make a perfect nest,

That of all things is the best.

Come! nor longer loitering

Sit and swing, sit and swing!”

 

As I swing, as I swing,

Though I have not any wing,

Still I would not change with you,

Happiest bird that ever flew.

Butterfly and honey-bee,

Sure ’t is you must envy me,

Safe beneath my mother’s wing

As I swing, as I swing.

 
I have made a card:

First I prepared the background, writing words to the poem on a piece of white cardstock in Micron (waterproof) pen. I then sprayed this with various colours and blotted them with a paper towel. Once dry I cut this to a circle and added squeezed lemonade Distress Ink around the edge. I added this to a white square card blank.

The image is  Momma Bird & Littles  printed three times and each print sprayed with a different colour and blotted with piece of kitchen roll. When dry I die cut the green version to a circle, and added squeezed lemonade Distress Ink around the edge. I glued this to the centre of the other circle. I cut out the blue version around the littles and adhered it in place. I cut out the Momma from the orange version and added that.  Finally I added penwork scribble around the outer circle, then the foliage die cuts which had been sponged with squeezed lemonade and three yellow/green puffy embellishments.

Hope you will join in the challenge...

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. what a fun piece of art! and i love the inspiration poem. great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.