Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Friday 10 September 2021

Blog Along with Effy, September 10th

 


Once again I am joining in with Effy's Blog Along. I thought I would share some more 'diary' posts, along with some of the crafty things I have been doing.

My first picture was from when I made some sea creatures for a yarn bombing and I photographed them on that background I mentioned the other day!

Today was the first day of a virtual crafty retreat - so far the only thing I have to share is a watercolour from a lesson by Cindy Porter.


I should have mentioned yesterday that that Quad Easel card came from a tutorial by Mrs A at the Butterfly Challenge. And happily today I received a prize from Mrs A!!


What else have I been doing recently? Lots of ATCs - these are my favourites I think. I cut the giraffes with my Cricut from a Gelli Pull background made using stamps and inks.



I was going to pretend that my Macaw was an African parrot and add it to Leigh's Serengeti Steampunk hop - and I am half way through a flamingo painting - but too late. 


However I still have another giraffe ATC up my sleeve so I will add that as my final post to Leigh's Linky


Once again I have used those Gelli Plate plus stamp and ink backgrounds to cut the giraffe (with my Cricut) and as the background on a dark base. I added mowed lawn Distress ink around the edges and through one of my oldest leaf stencils. I added black pen around the giraffe and then some bits of die cut foliage.


I thought you might be interested in the card I put on the back - cut slightly smaller than the 2.5 by 3.5 inches. This is from Gecko Galz.


I also have been doing a bit of cross-stitch...


This is to go in a card for a friend...


And to finish - today's memory - it is my son's 41st Birthday today - this picture is from 1980!



More tomorrow!
Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

  1. happy birthday to your son!
    Thanks for sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture was taken before I was born! How cool ๐Ÿ™‚ thank you for sharing your work, I love the fish they look super

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the blog and art you share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your son! I love your photo. Also love your art, especially the giraffe ATCs. I wonder if you've seen the documentary "The Woman Who Loves Giraffes"? I'm obsessed with it and with her, Dr. Anne Innis Dagg.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo and hope your son had a great Birthday. I use that same ATC Backer from Gecko Galz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your son, happy birthing day to you.
    I love all your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ATCs! Giraffes are my favourite. Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful variety of shares today! Thanks for playing in LeighSBDesigns Steampunk Serengeti Blog Hop, see you next week for the big release of LeighSBDesigns Halloween 2021 Collection and then hope to see you join in on my 11th annual 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop starting Oct 1st, it's going to be SPOOKtacular!
    Stay Crafty and Safe!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all you ATCs Susan! Lovely photo of you and your son!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.