Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Friday 24 January 2014

A Scary Story...

Left of Center Creative Challenges








This is pretty exciting as I am showing you my first DT inspirational card for LOC!!

The current challenge (#23) is Scary Stories!

I chose to depict Edgar Allan Poe's narrative poem 'The Raven'.

The lovely Lenore is lost and a Raven comes tapping at the window - only to croak one word 'Nevermore!'

I was fortunate enough to be able to use Ikesart's digi Lenore and free Raven paper.

I wanted to start by using backgrounds that might suggest a supernatural theme - so I got out my Tim Holtz Distress Inks, smeared them on my craft mat, spritzed them with water and allowed them to seep into my cardstock...(Wrinkle Free Distress Technique)


 I used lots of colours but finished with 'seedless preserves' which is a super mulberry colour!
 I used this to distress around the edges of my shapes too.
I then scored and folded a card base with a 'purple-y burgundy' cardstock.
I used a nesting window shaped die to cut around Lenore, which I had printed on white card and coloured with Promarkers - Amethyst, Gold, Ivory and Cool Grey 4.
 A smaller window die was used to cut out the Dimensions Crafts Raven stamp - stamped with black Versafine onto one of the backgrounds. I used a purple cardstock to mount each piece.
Using my computer, I overprinted the Raven paper with
'Quoth the raven, "Nevermore".'


This is how I assembled the parts...adding a ribbon of similar colours to the backgrounds.


Hope it inspires you to have a go at the LOC Challenge!

I am also submitting it to 
Quoth the raven Challenge - Anything Poes

Happy Crafting!



5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your DT position, fab card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous first card for LOC Susan! love it! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Susan, that background is just gorgeous!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS on your DT post at LOC - I am sure you will have fabulous fun there :-D
    This creation is GORGEOUS and I adore your home made backing papers.... just amazing colours. So glad you liked my image.

    I hope you will come over at play at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES and QUOTH THE RAVEN with your fabulous creation :-D :-D

    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog: http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.com
    My Shop: www.ikesart.com
    My Blog: http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I just love the background you have created! Also love your choice f colours and composition for this card.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Quoth the Raven

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.