Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Friday 24 January 2014

Getting diverted...

Well the plumbers are here so I thought I would spend the time in my craft room...
I started with one idea in my mind and got diverted into making this Christmas card!

I was looking through my embossing folders and started embossing lots of backgrounds - this reindeer one is a cArt-Us one embossed on a 'chocolate' piece of cardstock from my scraps.


I wanted the embossed piece to be the main part of the card so I just matted and layered it on a red card blank, followed by vanilla hand-made paper, followed by craft cardstock - all from my scraps. I added the ribbon and bells embellishment before the top two layers.

Back at my Big Shot again, I die cut a Sissix reindeer and added it, with a wobbly eye...

I am linking this to

(red, vanilla, chocolate and craft)

(I think this card has a bare minimum of embellishments)

(reindeers)

(Anything goes)


Happy Crafting!



11 comments:

  1. Love that embossing folder--great idea to let it shine on your card! Love the jingle bells! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan this is fabulous, great card, Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful embossing folder! It does steal the show, but then so does the little die cut reindeer and the lovely jingle bells! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love all the reindeer :) So glad you joined us for our CHNC challenge extra this month

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossing folder and all those reindeer. A wonderful Christmas card and perfect for our challenge at Holly Jolly this week. Thanks for sharing with us. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so cute and LOVE your cute bells! yup you have the Bare Essentials Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card Susan, I love your little deer. Thank you for playing along with us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! That little die cut really makes the card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the embossed reindeer! So so cute :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering this lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for January - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Susan. I love that embossed background. Thank you for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.