Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy New Year - 2014!


Happy New Year!
I hope that 2014 brings all that you wish for!

I was thinking of New Year celebrations when I made the above card -
 the lovely corner flourish die reminds me of fireworks.
 Last night we enjoyed the fireworks lighting up the sky in Melbourne, Australia!
A very pleasant evening with friends!

But what I want to blog is 'Something New' - this is the January Challenge for 



Because both my oldest son and my husband and I have recently moved house,
 I thought 'New Home' was appropriate!

But then I had two digis I wanted to use - one from Polkadoodles, one from Lavinia Stamps.
I couldn't choose - so I made two cards - hope they will inspire you!

Both my cards are tri-folds...this first one I made for my son,
 as the image reminds me of him when young!


 I used an Amy Tangerine 'Yes Please' paper to cover the card base, with a little textured paper from my scraps to add a 'road'.
The image and the words 'happy new home' (printed from my computer)
 were matted on grey card.
I coloured the image - Polkadoodles 'Moving Home' - with Promarkers.

I am also submitting this to Polkadoodles Challenge Happy New Year - Anything Goes


For my second card I scored and folded a different tri-fold.



The outer triangles fold in to the middle.

I wanted to use Lavinia Stamps 'Zen Houses' - an image comprising 3 houses.
 I thought this lent itself to an tri-fold with the image split into 3. I coloured the image with cyan and cerise Promarkers, then cut around each house and matted them onto blue card.









As embellishment I added some Bobunny ribbon - in strips and bows. And for a bit of glitter, gems and fine glitter dust on the tiny circles (not very visible on these photos I'm afraid!)...
I am also submitting this to Lavinia stamps Challenge - add a bit of glitter

I hope you like my cards and will enter the challenge over at Just For Fun
- new home, new baby, new year...anything new!

Happy Crafting!







8 comments:

  1. I love the fold of this card and the great images and detailing on all the surface areas. The images are cute and fun.

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cards... happy and bright. Just what we need in a dull January.
    Thanks for entering our Challenge Susan and good luck.
    Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Susan, thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia Stamps, good luck and a happy new year, hugs, Zoe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I especially love what you've done with the Lavinia Zen houses stamps. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Many thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a different Lavinia card, I love the clean lines of it. Thank you for joining us in the Challenge, good luck. Hugs Pauline DT xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice idea for a trifold card, just love the Zen house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.