Tuesday, 14 January 2014

'Quilt Inspired'

I am a pretty new quilter - I have just started my second one -
 but even so, this theme appealed to me!
But I decided neither to get my machine out or to hand-stitch -
 I did just a bit of faux stitching with a fine black Promarker!

Anyway 'Quilt Inspired' is the current weekly challenge for Get Inky! 
You still have time to have a go - Pop over and have a look!

This is my DT inspirational card...




I started off with two digis from Blue Moon Creations

'Backside Bunny' and 'Have a Hippity Hoppity Birthday!'

I printed both out on pale green card and then scored and folded a card base in the same card.

I then looked through my paper pads and chose lots of different pieces from
 'Miss Caroline's Howdy Doody' and 'American Craft's My Girl'.

I matted the card base with two designs (distressed around the edges with Antique Linen'.)
I covered the join with some yellow striped gros-grain ribbon.
I then pieced the bunny with an assortment of scraps and added the faux stitching!.

This became the next layer with the banner sentiment on top - I had matted this onto another piece of DP and cut fishtails as shown.

The finishing touches were gems on the banner and a 'flower' bobtail - luckily I had one of these left from my Naiff Street shopping days in Dubai!

Hope you like it!!


Happy Crafting!



P.S.   Get Inky! Have a blog hop on Saturday!







6 comments:

  1. A cute card and love his little tail.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet - love the design and colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWE Susan, what a delightful card, just gorgeous hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan that is so cute. Thanks for sharing it with us. Love it Hugs. Donalda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen such an adorable card! As soon as I saw it my heart just melted at home cute that rabbit is with it's gorgeous little tail..... The colours are soft and wonderful and the whole design is just perfect!

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!