Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Tuesday 14 January 2014

'Quilt Inspired'

I am a pretty new quilter - I have just started my second one -
 but even so, this theme appealed to me!
But I decided neither to get my machine out or to hand-stitch -
 I did just a bit of faux stitching with a fine black Promarker!

Anyway 'Quilt Inspired' is the current weekly challenge for Get Inky! 
You still have time to have a go - Pop over and have a look!

This is my DT inspirational card...




I started off with two digis from Blue Moon Creations

'Backside Bunny' and 'Have a Hippity Hoppity Birthday!'

I printed both out on pale green card and then scored and folded a card base in the same card.

I then looked through my paper pads and chose lots of different pieces from
 'Miss Caroline's Howdy Doody' and 'American Craft's My Girl'.

I matted the card base with two designs (distressed around the edges with Antique Linen'.)
I covered the join with some yellow striped gros-grain ribbon.
I then pieced the bunny with an assortment of scraps and added the faux stitching!.

This became the next layer with the banner sentiment on top - I had matted this onto another piece of DP and cut fishtails as shown.

The finishing touches were gems on the banner and a 'flower' bobtail - luckily I had one of these left from my Naiff Street shopping days in Dubai!

Hope you like it!!


Happy Crafting!



P.S.   Get Inky! Have a blog hop on Saturday!







6 comments:

  1. A cute card and love his little tail.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet - love the design and colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWE Susan, what a delightful card, just gorgeous hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan that is so cute. Thanks for sharing it with us. Love it Hugs. Donalda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen such an adorable card! As soon as I saw it my heart just melted at home cute that rabbit is with it's gorgeous little tail..... The colours are soft and wonderful and the whole design is just perfect!

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.