Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Simple sketch

I have been playing all day today with a simple sketch -
 well, apart from going to my Indian embroidery class!

I found a couple of SDD images in my 'to be used' folder.

I basically covered two white square card blanks with a pretty paper, added a banner, an image and a sentiment. I used Promarkers to add some colour and some fine glitter. The image was a christmas bauble - I cut it down and covered the holly with a flower to make a Birthday Card!



The bauble remained intact for this one to become a Christmas card. This was supposed to be shades of blue for the Stamping with the Dragon Challenge
However in the photo, the red in the 12 Days of Christmas DP rather takes over despite the blues elsewhere. The strip under the sentiment is some of one of my 'food colouring and shaving foam' backgrounds.


I will also submit it to CHNC January extra

Happy Crafting!



7 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering this lovely card for my CHNC challenge extra for January - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards,
    popping in from the Stamping Dragon FB Blog ladder xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely Christmas card, dragons are a favourite in this house. I'd never thought of using food colouring on the shaving foam, thanks for the tip. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CHNC aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards look great with you, and so different despite having the same image. Another way to disguise the holly on a cocktail glass is to cut a small half circle of yellow card and put on a "slice of lemon". I love the marbled look of your blue paper.
    Gwyneth
    Popping in from the SDD FB Group Blog Ladder

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cards and especially Christmas ones the layout is a great design and i must try it sometime (if i ever remember lol). Jacqui popping by from sdd blog ladder xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. both gorgeous cards hun, Love the LO and the shaving foam background. Thanks for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon. Hugs Tina (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.