Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 28 June 2020

LeighSBDesigns “The Summer BUZZ Blog Hop” June 28


Once again Leigh is hosting a 
 Blog Hop to keep us creating and crafting!
I am finding Leigh's hops a real inspiration during these days of lockdown...

This is

LeighSBDesigns Art Stamps'
The Summer BUZZ Blog Hop 2020
Celebrate Summer with Us!
See HOP POST for details and rules!
Play fair and have lots of fun!
Shop LeighSBDesigns SUMMER SALE thru June 30!
Stay Inspired and Stay Safe!

The other day I shared a joke on Facebook - and every time I saw it, it made me giggle.
For some reason it was deleted...

This is my version:



Early last year I made a whole bunch of these backgrounds.
I used four distress inks and smeared them across a Stampin' Up tree embossing folder.


I found it best to just smear in one direction - horizontally across the folder. I then placed a square of white card in the folder and rolled it through the Big Shot.


I trimmed each background, distressed it around the edges with 'brushed corduroy' and added it to a white card base, layered it on a square of paper from my stash. 

I made a series of 'Owl' cards with these, and this is today's:


 from Oddball Art Co .
The bee is  from Leigh's Busy Bees Collage and Sentiment Set
Both were coloured with Copics and cut out.
I then added the sentiments - printed on the computer and with added edges.






Happy Crafting!


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the Distress Inks on the background! I have a similar embossing folder from a magazine so will have ago with the Inks!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that joke on FB and liked it! I wonder why it got deleted as it’s not offensive!

      Delete
    2. I wonder if it's copyright? Look at my next post to see more distress ink in an embossing folder...

      Delete
  2. I love the technique with the folder, I need to try it.... SUCH a CUTE JOKE... wonder what would cause that to be deleted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahaha, that sentiment just cracked me up LOL! Wonderful techniques & card, love that my bee joined the fun! I’m so fed up with Facebook as I’ve been struggling for months to get what I post in my group & other groups to stay, everything vanishes & my requests for help are just ignored :0(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that issue lots and lots! :) I am laughing up a storm! This is a fabulous card! The embossing technique is amazing and I love the owl and bee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this technique and the great backgrounds it made. The card really made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you layer that bee on to this scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.