Featured Post

WOYWW # 773

It is Wednesday so  I am linking  to the  Stamping Ground Follow the link to find out more about  What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday  an...

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop 2021 Post #5

  

This is my fifth post in the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop 2021!


Remember my ATC on yesterday where I had spring flowers - 'snowdrops'?


I decided to translate this onto a journal page.

I really like the technique of adding the same colour to a painted background - for instance stamping in black on a painted black page. Well, here I painted a page in brown acrylic. I then used my CAS-UAL Friday (Super Sponsor) stencil 'By the beans' to add another layer.



At this stage I had no idea as to what to do next... but we went out for coffee...


And on the wall was this - I decided to borrow it...



So the next step was to add paint pen stems and leaves and coffee cup blooms. These are a Joy Clair (Super Sponsor) stamp, stamped with Versafine Clair Pinecone ink on white with a  touch of marker.


I added the Stampendous (Sponsor)  dinosaur stamp, stamped in Versafine Clair Verdant, with a little extra marker, and cut out.


I printed the sentiment on the computer, trimmed the words, added a little distress and put them in place.


I am also going to add these makes to

 Leigh's  Spring hop Day 17 . Spring-blog-hop-2021


The Stampendous stamp set 'Creature Tricks' was a prize from one of Leigh's hops.

Finally I will add it to Lost Coast Portal To Creativity Challenge 118 'Hats' - note I added a coffee cup hat to the dinosaur.





Happy Crafting!



11 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Susan, and I totally agree with the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Lost Coast Designs and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That quote from the coffee shop couldn't have been more perfect for your makes today...awesome to see you using your Stampendous prize from one of my past hops, the dinosaur was the cherry on top!
    Stay Crafty and Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great coffee hop projects. So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!! what a great sentiment and cute dino!!! FUN card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha - that is excellent. Gave me a chuckle today :-D :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card and that sign at your local coffee house is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great process to the making of your card. It is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, love all the coffee and cute dinosaur!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This is so clever! I love that you gave your dinosaur a coffee cup hat! Such a cute card and great stamped images too. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha, awesome sentiment and awesome interpretation Susan. Love it. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.