Featured Post

Scrapbookingncraft #14

    I was delighted when Mel asked me to join her Design Team. I have enjoyed using stencils, chipboards and serviettes from  Scrapbookingnc...

Thursday 12 October 2023

LeighSBDesigns 31 DOH Day 12, Creative Warriors

 During October you will see many Halloween-y projects on my blog as I am joining in with





Find Leigh's main post here

So let's celebrate Halloween!! 

As usual I will add daily retro Halloween postcards from Vintage Image Craft
Great Halloween postcard set, circa 1911. Love the hearts in the jack-'o-lantern faces, and also the artist's concept of what that new-fangled contraption - the "aeroplane" - looks like!!!


I like to share something old and something new. This journal page was my DT make for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team 2022 with Michelle Grant Designs this time last year.

You will see our inspirational creations on the Facebook Group
This journal page uses images by Tanya Froud



 I printed the image on tissue and adhered it to my journal page. I added areas of acrylic paint around the image, coloured it with black paint, and then removed this through a stencil to form the patterns.
I then painted the image with neons.
Finally I added the spiders, embossed with Lime Tinsel embossing powder.


My new make is today's inspiration for the Creative Warriors.


This uses images from Michelle's Shadows and Shimmers


I started by preparing the background with acrylic paints and stencilling.


The tree, pumpkins and webs were printed on tissue and put in place using matt medium. I painted the figure with watercolours including shimmerry ones on the wings.






And as always I like to add the skeletons hopping!


Happy Hopping!


3 comments:

  1. Happy Day 11 of 31 Days of Halloween at LeighSBDesigns!
    FaBOOlous mixed media piece, love all the elements!
    Happy Haunting
    Leigh & Val
    http://www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spooky background with the tree, like the pumpkins showing thru and the faboolous image! I love your make today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this technique! The spooky background with the mysterious fairy make for one fang-tastic page!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.