Featured Post

Scrapbookingncraft #14

    I was delighted when Mel asked me to join her Design Team. I have enjoyed using stencils, chipboards and serviettes from  Scrapbookingnc...

Wednesday 4 October 2023

woyww #748

    

It is Wednesday so I am linking to the Stamping Ground

Follow the link to find out more about What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday and maybe join in... This is my post for WOYWW #748

SO here's my desk!


Rather than my usual table I am sharing my computer desk - which is behind me when I am standing at the table.
I have been using my Cricut - you might be able to see a card and a pumpkin on the left...
I am in the process of making several ATCs...

I wonder if you can spot anything else?

I have started cross-stitching a Halloween sampler - but I am not sure which October I will finish it. I prefer counted cross-stitch rather than pre-printed so it is a little off putting - and lots of different colours spread about so the back gets a bit busy!

 
My daughter came across this photo on her phone - she thought is was quite appropriate with all the whales we have seen recently - a knitted whale I once knitted...


Finally, Kevin and I have Ollie every Monday which keeps us busy...


I was trying to get a video of him saying 'toot toot' but of course when I had the camera poised nothing doing...

Wishing you a happy week...and hope to get around to you all this week...I am just off to aqua aerobics so it will be tomorrow at the earliest!

Happy  WOYWW!

14 comments:

  1. I didn't even KNOW there was such a thing as printed Xstitch canvas. Who knew? Also what a blast from the past, good ole' Thomas. Dear son adored him for so many years. We have a massive wooden Thomas bed, taking up far too much space, still. I suupose he might have a son, one day...

    Happy desk-hop day!
    Mary Anne (6)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im very impressed SUsan, I've got embriodery on the go, but counted cross stitch isn't relaxing for me! I love the idea of the sampler, and am happy to concur that there's always anothe October, so it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your little knitted whale, he's nearly as sweet as Ollie. Have a lovely week and a happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x1x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little knitted whale - and a lovely photo!! Ollie is so sweet, I bet he does keep you busy!! The pumpkin o n your desk is pretty stunning!! I love Halloween art but it's not really much of a thing here I find. Have a good week, love n hugs, Cindy xx #14

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun post, Loving that little whale and you are so fortunate to have that adorable little Ollie visit. Adorable. I use to do the cross stitch mostly tiny Christmas ornatments. Your workspace has lots of fun items ! ATC's are adorable and love that pumpkin Have fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your knitted whale looks cute, Susan. I admire your fortitude with the cross stitch. I had a phase of it a while ago.
    Enjoy yourselves with your grandson
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 15 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loooving your pumpkin 🎃 Susan,how cool is that 😍 I spy with my two eyes 👀 😁 I need both as no glasses on lol ... a magazine peeping out the side, yummy looking ATC'S in the works along with yummy stash and the cutest wee polka dot notelet 🙃 amongst other things ... I had a lovely wee nosey 😉Adore your wee whale 🐋 💙⭐️ Goood luck with your cross stitch 🪡 love and hugs Tracy #12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just aim to finish it . . . my 1999 sampler is still going strong!!
    How lovely to have Ollie all to yourselves for the day, such precious memories will be made.
    Enjoy your week
    Christine #17

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the cross stitch , it'll get done one day ! Ollie is so cute and so is the whale . Have a great week . Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute knitted whale and your pumpkin is great. Enjoy your Grandson and have a great week. Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ollie is so cute! How lucky are you to have him every Monday! I just got back from seeing Jasper for a week, she is 2 1/2 and going through the "NO!" stage, as well as not sleeping well, after being a wonderful sleeper since she was born! I used to do a lot of cross stitching when I was younger, I don't think my eyes or hands could deal with it now. Your project is going to be awesome when it is finished! Have a great week, Lindart #19

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never heard of pre-printed cross stitch. It would be a bit distracting. However, I like what you have done so far.

    Your knitted whale is adorable, as is your pumpkin. Ollie is a real charmer and a cutie. Happy WOYWW from # 4.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant pumpkin Susan. I must admit to preferring counted cross stitch too. A cute distraction for you on Mondays. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #11

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, I can comment! Love your pumpkin, I have no where to put a cutting machine...and knowing me, like I do, I probably would never work out how to use it! The first thing I ever sewed (sew -ed) was in cross stitch. I started it at 5 and was nearly 7 by the time it was finished! A TV cover (Huh??? yep it sat ontop of the TV)! Happy late WOYWW ((Lyn))#20

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.