Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Thursday 9 July 2020

Butterfly Challenge - A is for Accordian Fold Card - Post #3


The theme for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge #144 is A is for Accordian Fold card.
 and she gives instructions on how to make three versions here
This is Version 1.
Mrs A goes through the process in the tutorial.
I started with the third version... Mrs A said I would find 1 and 11 a piece of cake...

The wheel is as follows:


I started with a piece of Apple Blossom card to make the base
and then started to make some stencilled paper to decorate this.


I tried to use apricot and aquamarine colours in my Distress Oxides with a Tim Holtz Woodgrain stencil for this. The apricot looks more green...I was using my new Stay-tion from Wendy Vecchi.

  
The next picture shows the accordian folded up - I used a peg to keep it closed for the photograph. As you can see I intended blogging this yesterday!


I decided to add flowers using Altenew's rose and leaf dies (magazine freebie).
Before I have used these with different colours of plain paper - I decided to see what they looked like with some plain and a couple of patterned papers from my scraps.


Finally I added some butterflies cut from this book...and some pearls to them!




I will link this to the Butterfly Challenge #144 having used all elements.

I will also add it to Double Trouble Tic Tac Toe #61 
Thing 1 was a tic tac toe



I actually did the two bottom rows:
Insect/Flowers/Woodgrain and Stencil/Die Cut/Green.

Thing 3 was to bling it on - I added pearls


and finally Thing 2 was to add to  Cupcake Inspirations #497 



Happy Crafting!

9 comments:

  1. Super card, Susan. The stencilling makes a great background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan what a great stenciled background and so full of butterflies and pretty flowers on your accordian card...very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that whirly background. It looks great with those butterflies. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me again. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan - great card! Thank you for including all the steps and the link to the fold instructions. You not only met the Double Trouble challenges, but completed TWO rows of our Tic-Tac-Toe! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us this week!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun fold! Very creative card that includes lots of the pieces on the tic tac toe board! Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty fun fold design. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stencilling, I went to Amazon U.K. and had a look at the book. I was surprised there were several different ones for sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - the one I bought was on offer in Amazon Australia at the time...

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness....this is absolutely beautiful! Love all your gorgeous flowers and sweet butterflies. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Cupcakes Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.