Featured Post

WOYWW # 773

It is Wednesday so  I am linking  to the  Stamping Ground Follow the link to find out more about  What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday  an...

Wednesday 22 July 2020

LeighSB Designs Christmas in July Blog Hop #15


Once again LeighSBDesigns is hosting a blog hop
 to help keep us creatively inspired and busy
 while staying safe at home during this terrible pandemic!
This time it is to celebrate CHRISTMAS in JULY

Christmas in July Blog Hop 2020
hosted by
LeighSBDesigns Art Stamps


Join us & stay creative & get a jump on your Christmas cards & gifts!
See 
HOP POST for details and rules!
Play fair and have lots of fun!
Shop LeighSBDesigns CHRISTMAS in JULY sale thru July 31!
Stay Inspired and Stay Safe!

I am pretty sure this is my 15th link up to LeighSB's Christmas in July - I am trying to add something for each of the 24 days...


The image is Leigh's Lizard Boy Elf coloured with a variety of pens including Copics and Wink of Stella in gold and clear.


I will add this to Leigh's Linky. 

I also want to add this to Double Trouble Challenge #62 
On their post it says

Thing 1:  Trouble Maker:
says, "It's 158 days until Christmas and we're getting an early start with Christmas in July! Santa's workshop must be bustling. He's making toys using all kinds of fun tools. Tell us about your favorite crafting tool and use that tool in the creation of your project."
and
Thing 3:  Twisted Sister 
says, "Aren't all these busy little elves adorable! Include an elf or a gnome on your Christmas project and earn an additional chance in our random draw prize."  

So I have added an elf and I then started thinking about my favourite tools and what I have used for this card. Of course, I started with my printer for the elf and the sentiment (This is from Imagine That Digistamps). I am so pleased that at last my printer is re-inked!

I also used my stamping platform...


Here I am using it to form the 'Christmas Tree' - using lots of stamps from Close to my Heart Washi Wonder and Versafine Clair in Verdant. I also added a final washi stamp in brown ink for the trunk.

I used my guillotine to prepare the the matting layers. I use this and my Big Shot virtually every day (both definitely amongst my favourites!)


But what I am going to say as my absolute favourite is my pair of scissors... these I couldn't do without! (oh... along with my markers...)


I am also going to add this card to 

Thing 2:  Double Dare 
says, "If you used one of your favorite tools you may link your project to Heart2Heart's "Favorite Tool" Challenge Heart to Heart Challenges - Favourite Crafting Tool


Happy Crafting!



10 comments:

  1. Fun card! I first thought you made the tree with real washi tape, then saw it was from a stamp set, very clever. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Oddleigh Elf standing by the tree...fabulous card!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fabulous, love how you used my Oddleigh Lizard Boy Elf combined with that fun and funky Xmas tree!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card! I love how you created the tree! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Melanie mentioned, I was sure the tree was created with washi tape... great idea to do it with stamps! This is a terrific Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Heart 2 Heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the tree was Washi tape too 😊. Looks great anyway x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The washi paper stamp is wonderful! It looks so real!! Super cute Oddleigh Lizard Boy and fantastic sentiment! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The washi tape tree in the back of your image is just right for this lady image...creative and fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Heart2Heart. And so hard to pick a favorite tool, but the old time scissors are a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you colored the ODDleigh Elf... love the washi tree in the background... Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.