Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Sunday 14 February 2021

Leigh's "Gothic Valentine" Day 1

I am pleased to once again join in one of Leigh's Hops:
Leigh's "Gothic Valentine"
4th Annual Blog Hop
February 13 - 16, 2021

This is my Day #1 Post!

As usual I will try to re-post something from before and post something new each day...
Two years ago I made a Valentine ATC box (by decorating an old whisky box)
 and some matching ATCs.


For these I used Leigh's Distressed Splatter Heart.





Today I am sharing a grungy journal page...


This was another page having watched Kristin Peterson's  3-part collage and texture lesson on Wanderlust. My first step was to collage various items from my craft room and cover them with black gesso.


I added some white gesso so that my coloured paints and sprays would show up.


Next paint, sprays, inks and water...


Finally some Stabilo pencil around each motif, activated with a water brush.
Here are some close-ups...




Great fun!!


I will add my first day's make to the linky

Happy Crafting!


4 comments:

  1. I love how the black gesso gives so much depth to everything! Your grungy journal pages looks awesome! I LOVE the box with the Distress Splatter Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Your grungy journal is AWESOME!!! I love the effect you got from all the layers!!! Terrifically DARK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous ATCs....Box and Grungy journal!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Day 1 of my Gothic Valentine blog hop, so happy to have you joining in the fun again this year with this gorgeous spread bristling with texture, colour and details! Fabulous to see your box and ATCs again too, love everything!
    Leigh
    http://www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    http://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    http://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.