Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 21 October 2018

21st October - Day 21 of 31 Days of Halloween


This year Leigh is hosting 31DOH!

🎃LeighSBDesigns 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop🎃
Oct 1 - 31, 2018

The Blog Hop linky party opens Oct 1st at 5 past midnight PDT and ends at 5 to midnight on Oct 31st!
  

For more details go to

I will be sharing today's Halloween makes on Leigh's page...

~~~~~~~

ONLY 10 days to go... !!

Leigh mentioned she had another Halloween Treat Challenge to play for...
she asked for a witchy post so today I have some witchy makes...

I have been making various Halloween cards to exchange with friends - these are two:


I started with an orange-y red alcohol ink background and used Tim Holtz alcohol ink lift pad with a Stampin' Up witch to make the positive and negative images.



For my first card I used the type of card blank that can be used for a photograph. I added tea dye distress ink around the aperture and placed the image behind it. I then added the Tonic 'Best Witches' die cut from orange card.


I used Tonic ATC dies to cut various shapes for this card, combining yellow and green card for the two elements. 'Best Witches' was cut from the alcohol background.




I also have a witch ATC:


This has a maroon base, a scrap of DP from my table, a 'moon' cut from marbled background with a  stitched die and then a die cut witch from brown card (unbranded die). I then added the tiny witches hat (an earring!)



~~~~~~~

SPOT PRIZE Number 3!!
(mentioned yesterday)

My question - another poem for you...From which poem is the follow stanza?
Email the name and author before midnight October 25th -
susanrenshaw0404@gmail.com -
and you will go in the draw to win a prize...

Oh, fruit loved of boyhood! the old days recalling, 
When wood-grapes were purpling and brown nuts were falling! 
When wild, ugly faces we carved in its skin, 
Glaring out through the dark with a candle within! 





Happy Hopping!



9 comments:

  1. WOW great witchy cards! I love the AWESOME marbled moon! You are having a great time with Alcohol lift. I must get some! Only 10 days of 31 days of Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The witch ATC is great - her
    flying over the moon and
    the turbulent blue sky.
    Using the card with the photo
    display area was a great idea
    for that card. thanks for
    sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous - I LUV that crazy witch and the silhouette one is coooool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab cards Susan. Tim Holtz lift pad was perfect for this witch. I've not been sure if I want to get it.

    Val, LeighSBDesigns DT x

    Come join us for an ATCoins swap over at LeighSBDesigns Fan Group FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great makes, Susan. I love the 'Best Witches' die. Great sentiment all by itself! The witch on the broom is pretty cool as well. Love your orange-y marbled paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.